Help wanted

This is the place to advertise other coin-op discussion forums

Help wanted

Postby dsimon » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:27 pm

I have an old buckley treasure island digger ( I think at least)
I am looking to see if there is anyone who might restore these
or have any drawings or help me in restoring it

thanks alot

Dave

dbs_55@yahoo.com
dsimon

Re: Help wanted

Postby miraclesanitation » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:32 am

Hi Dave,

I do own a few vintage nickel diggers , I'm not sure how much work is required on yours, The most knowlegable person I know on Nickel diggers is James Roller, If you google his name you will get his web site. I have bought a Miami Digger from him and his restoration was amazing. He has been around these machines all his life and probably restored every know type at on time or another. I guess the big question is your location, I believe James is located in Texas. If it makes no sense to send the machine to him he might be able to provide with the information so you can take a run a restoring it yourself. If your not sure what type it is for sure me a couple of pictures and I can help you idenify it

Thanks

Darrell

darrell@miraclesanitation.com
miraclesanitation

Postby gamblingman » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:06 pm

I am in the beginning phases of restoring a Jewel Box digger myself that was recently found in a shed. It is identical tot he Treasure Island, with the exception of the faceplate and door. Drop me a line with some pics and condition, and I can tell you a lot from my research, and from working with Jim Roller. Parts are all but impossible to find, so you have to make anything you need. Like I sad, drop me a line and I'll help wherever I can.

Joe
gamblingman

Postby thepennyarcade » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi Guys
I just bought a Mills Free Play (fantastic price) and I need help getting the electronics working correctly.
The mech is all there and the electronics 1/2 work.
The payout meter system works and about 1/2 of the jackpot display lights work
The transformer has 5 cut wires and I suspect they used to go somewhere, they have little paper tags representing which lights they go to?
I am not sure if the cut wires are 110V
I suspect where I see the crude 2 fuse holders on the circuit plywood, there used to be something. 12 V transformers???
Does anyone have an intact electronics panel?
I would love to see it and some help on getting this machine restored
I would hate to butcher this all original machine/stand and convert it to a payout out machine
Thanks
John

Attachments
Mills Free Play.JPG
thepennyarcade

Return to Other Coin-Op Forums