Bogus Jackpot Trade Stimulators

Go here to learn about what slot machines and trade stimulators are showing up as fakes and/or reproductions.

Bogus Jackpot Trade Stimulators

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:04 am

These 3 machines, which originally did not have a jack pot, were for sale at the April 2014 Chicago show in the booth of **** **** aka The Bent Coin, a long-time dealer from Las Vegas.
Some sellers will add a recast jack pot in order to squeeze a higher price out of an unsuspecting buyer even if it causes irreversible damage to a good original or restorable machine.

photo 2.jpg

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg
nvmos2

Re: Bogus Jackpot Trade Stimulators

Postby cpdretired » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:58 am

Almost positive they were still there on Sunday. Look for them to pop up on eBay.
cpdretired

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:04 am

nvmos2:
I hate to be the one to pop-your-bubble, but the "Cardinal" has the correct jackpot, but may be a recast, and has a homemade
phoney card, and repro reel strips. The Pierce "New Deal" also has an original jackpot, but has been painted incorrect colors.
This Pierce model, is the only one that came with that style jackpot, so if he has recast it, to put on other creations, it doesn't
belong on them. The incorrect machine, is the "Cent-A-Smoke". Even though it is a recast Daval JP, this model never came with
it, and the card is also a home-made phoney. Show us some of his other creations. :shock:
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby nvmos2 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:16 pm

Slot Dynasty:
You did not "pop my bubble" at all;
I posted this under the "Tips" area in hopes of eliciting some educational information from you and other more knowledgeable trade stimulator experts.

I am under the impression that the Daval JP (seen here on the CentaSmoke) and the Buckley style JP are being reproduced and are readily available.
I do not know what other JPs are being reproduced and used to restore or fake machines.
I did not examine these machines closely or from the inside; but even if I did, I don't think I could spot a recast JP without having a known original in my hand for comparison.
Sadly, based upon the reputation of this particular dealer, I started with the assumption that his machines are fake until proven otherwise;
I should have started this thread with these machines "originally may or may not have had a jack pot" (except for the CentaSmoke, which, from your comment, never came in a JP version).

Had The New Deal been in the booth of a reputable dealer, I most certainly would have come home with it;
unfortunately, my reservations about the seller led me to spend my "show money" elsewhere.
nvmos2

Postby cpdretired » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:17 pm

cpdretired

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:52 am

cpdretired wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271450965040

Believe it or not, this "Cardinal" is correct. The only downfalls are: Although it is the correct jackpot for
this machine, it is probably a recast. Has repro strips, that are slightly off-color. Incorrect homemade card.
Some of the paint colors are not correct. Entire case is Waaaaay Over-Polished, or plated. These machines
never came out of the factory this shiny.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:56 am

cpdretired wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271450965040

Oh, and another thing. You were right..............he didn't hook a fish with it at Chicago, so now he is going
to try and hook one on FleaBay. [-X
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:00 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:

Oh, and another thing. You were right..............he didn't hook a fish with it at Chicago, so now he is going
to try and hook one on FleaBay. [-X

Well, It has been confirmed, that he snagged a fish on fleaBay, for the sum of $1,150.00, plus $48.85 mailing.
Even though this machine was closer to original than most other Crap that he creates, it still wasn't right. :^o
Watch for more of his Junk, in the upcoming VCA auction. :roll:
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:06 am

Here is another piece of FANTASY CRAP from the Vegas Butcher, now on fleaBay.
This Groetchen "Dandy Vender" model 'NEVER-EVER' came with a Jackpot.
He has installed a recast, and cut-up jackpot from an entirely different model machine.
The reel strips are repro, and the award card is a 'home-made' version from a slot.
Don't know what all the extra holes are, that are drilled in the back door, but they don't
belong there. They should have been welded closed, and the gum loading door does not
appear to open either.
He also says that the machine has been plated, which these machines were 'NEVER' plated.
The color scheme is also not all correct, and sloppy as usual.

Oh, and now he is "cleaning out the collection", as well as from an "estate sale".
First of all, you don't call Crap like this "A Collection"! :^o
His description should say what it really is - "A collection of spare parts, all tossed in a
blender, to create what you see here. So, look it over carefully, before you take it in
the shorts, because there are No Returns, per eBay"! What a friggin joke! :roll:

$_57.jpg
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Tips on Identifying Fradulant Machines