Bogus Trade Stimulators

Go here to learn about what slot machines and trade stimulators are showing up as fakes and/or reproductions.

Re: Bogus Trade Stimulators

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:05 pm

2014-02-28  ($899.99).jpg
This model NEVER came with this jackpot
Here is yet another 'Vegas Butcher' Creation.
Even though this Daval "Cent-A-Smoke" was left pretty much original for the most part, that recast Jackpot NEVER came on this model.
Sure, he made it fit better than some of the other CRAP he has been throwing together, but it DOESN'T belong there. The feature that
I can't believe, is he actually left the original reel strips in it, but that award card is homemade.
He seems to have some sort of 'wet dream', to stick a recast jackpot on everything he creates, just to pull a few more bucks out of the
poor unsuspecting buyers pocket. You will also notice in his eBay descriptions, that he is no longer "cleaning out the shop". Everything
offered now, is an "Estate Sale". Yeah Sure! :^o
Several people have asked him about incorrect machines he is selling at the Chicago show, but all they get is a "Blank Stare'. How an
individual like this, is able to be a COCA member, is beyond me, when he goes against what they preach. I can tell you one thing for
sure, and that is, if Dick Bueschel were still with us, and part of COCA, he would have this Clowns Ass "Out of There". Dick was very
adamant about Repro and Phoney machines, as am I, and several other people on this Forum, but the powers-that-be, don't seem to
'Give-A-Crap' about the hobby.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:37 am

I know most areas of collecting have trouble with reproductions and scammers,
but when it comes to dealing with the problem, COCA has been a big disappointment.

When COCA was set up, the following statement was in the Bylaws:
"Members whose actions are judged to be contrary to the purpose of COCA may be suspended or barred from future membership
by a two-thirds vote of the Executive Board."

I don't know if that action has ever been take by COCA, but I doubt it and the power is probably still in the current Bylaws gathering dust.
nvmos2

Postby altort » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:52 pm

Yet an other fantasy creation on ebay from the vega's butcher ebay item # 221384320716, wonder if this was bought from ebay and what shape it was in.
Bill if you know that he is bidding on a machine on ebay maybe you can post it on this forum and perhaps some one here can out bid him and save an other machine.
I have done it in the past when you posted it here that he was bidding on a Penny Smoke and I out bid him, I would do it again.
Al
altort

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:24 pm

LV Butcher 1a.jpg
altort wrote:Yet an other fantasy creation on ebay from the vega's butcher ebay item # 221384320716, wonder if this was bought from ebay and what shape it was in.
Bill if you know that he is bidding on a machine on ebay maybe you can post it on this forum and perhaps some one here can out bid him and save an other machine.
I have done it in the past when you posted it here that he was bidding on a Penny Smoke and I out bid him, I would do it again.
Al

Hi Al: Yes, this is another of his 'Wet Dreams'. Completely ruined a nice original machine, again with his sloppy incorrect paintjob, and recast jackpot, that never came
on this model. Although he is trying to make everyone believe it, with his BS description. He states "Has been restored at one time". Yeah, like last week, in his garage,
that he is always 'cleaning out'. Oh, that's right, this is an 'Estate Sale'! :^o Notice the classy home-made back door, that doesn't fit right, and the lock that is mounted
too low, because he was too lazy to cut the cam down, to mount it at the correct height.
Yes, this machine was purchased on ebay, a year ago, for $278.56, and had no back door, award card frame, and both lower doors, (because the castings were broke out
where the door plugs into the notches, before locking. He doesn't show that part in his pix, so he either had them welded, or robbed the entire lower base from another
empty case that he recently purchased. The standard "Cent-A-Smoke" in his other auction, which also has a recast jackpot, that never came on this model, is a relist, as
it didn't get any bites the first time around, and hopefully, neither of these get bids this time around. If he doesn't hook a fish here, they will surely be in the next VCA
auction, or with his other junk, at the next Chicago show. As I have said before, "I sure feel sorry for the persons that buy this Crap".
Attachments
LV Butcher 1b.jpg
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:23 pm

BRAVO!
Perhaps the word is getting around much farther than I thought, and this is the beginning of a new trend, of the Vegas Butcher, not getting
any bids on his 'Bogus-Fantasy' machines. Neither of the above "Cent-A-Smoke" Phonies got a bite. But rest assured, he'll put them up again!
If not, they will surely be on the VCA block, or Chicago table. Just keep up the good work of spreading the word, as far as it will reach. :D

On another note: I just wanted to let everyone know, that there is a collector-restorer, putting one of those early model Caille "Jr. Bell"
machines, (that the Butcher turned into a Fantasy BaseBall machine), back to it's original form, for the poor soul that originally bought it.

Oh, and while I think of it: As much as I hate to, "kudos have to be given, when kudos are due". This well-known Vegas Butcher, did list, on
eBay, an all original, untouched, Pace "Hol-e-Smokes", which sold on 9/3/12, and an all original, untouched, Pace "New Deal", that sold on
2/16/14. So you see, he can do something right, on occasion! Just not enough of it! #-o
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby cpdretired » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:04 pm

Bill I will let you know what he has at the show.
Ron
cpdretired

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:23 am

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Oh, and while I think of it: As much as I hate to, "kudos have to be given, when kudos are due". This well-known Vegas Butcher, did list, on
eBay, an all original, untouched, Pace "Hol-e-Smokes", which sold on 9/3/12, and an all original, untouched, Pace "New Deal", that sold on
2/16/14. So you see, he can do something right, on occasion! Just not enough of it! #-o

Yes; it is good to give credit where credit is due, BUT I'm a little skeptical;
I doubt he is acting out of respect for the machines.

I don't remember either of the auctions for the Hol-e-Smokes or the New Deal,
but both those machines would command a good price in good original condition;
doing any of his butcher work on them would only decrease their value even to the unsuspecting newbie.
I suspect he acquired them and flipped them for a profit knowing that the only way to maximize his profit
would be to leave them unaltered.
nvmos2

Postby Midcoast Vintage » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 pm

more machines that have been reproduced:
CAST IRON MILLS LIBERTY BELL and OPERATOR BELL.
tHEY HAVE RECAST CASES, AND USE ROUND FINGER MECHS FROM THE EARLY CAST IRON cok MACHINES, but, I have seen a few that have recast cases, and used later flat finger mechs.

MILLS GOLDEN BELL (ROMAN HEAD).
MILLS SILVER PALACE (LOOKS LIKE A CASTLE WITH A DRAWBRIDGE COMING OUT OF THE JACKPOT WINDOW).
EXTRA-BELL (SOMETIMES CALLED "AITKENS FRONT").
CHARLES FEY LIBERTY BELL.
CAILLE LITTLE WONDER LUNG TESTER (SPIROMETER / BLOW MACHINE)
MUTOSCOPE PEEP SHOWS: THE ORNATE IRON ONES HAVE BEEN REPRODUCED IN ALUMINUM.
CAILLE UNCLE SAM ARCADE MACHINE.
mills perfume lady arcade machine.
SEVERAL ARCADE MACHINES WERE REPRODUCED BY STEVE GRONOWSKI IN THE '70's & 80's.
I am sure there are more, but these are some that come to mind after reading the above posts.
Midcoast Vintage

Postby dialsenden1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:57 pm

Found this Mills bursting cherry machine for sale. Havent seen in person yet. Wondering if its a repo or original? That weird paint job is throwing me off as if it was restored why would they paint that color, Sorry for the pictures as they are the only ones she had.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
dialsenden1

Postby oldslotman » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:21 pm

Lots of red flags on that one. Repo back door, handle appears to be one from a high top, kicker spring attached wrong, and the top casting looks funny, cabinet looks to be newer, and looks to have no jackpot. I would be very careful on this one.
oldslotman

PreviousNext

Return to Tips on Identifying Fradulant Machines