1st machine - 1951? Tom's Roasted Nuts vending machine.

This is the place to post about any fantastic find (past or present) that you think the rest of us would enjoy reading about.

1st machine - 1951? Tom's Roasted Nuts vending machine.

Postby TxGuy74 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:44 pm

I heard about this form from a friend of mine who turned me on to collecting. Figured I would post my 1st vending machine and many more come.

I did some research and I think i found the patent schematics and grant filing. I got it for $125 and cannot find a value for these or if they are rare or not. I did see similar ones selling for $400 - $600 so I really don't know.

Here is the Patent filing
https://www.google.com/patents/US2700586
TxGuy74

Re: 1st machine - 1951? Tom's Roasted Nuts vending machine.

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:25 am

TxGuy74:
Welcome to our Forum. Your friend turned you on to a very interesting hobby. Even though many of us are
focused more on Slot Machines, we do have interest in all forms of coin-op machines. Your first machine is
one we don't see very often, and hope you will share additional photos, as you restore it. Also nice to see,
are extra features, like your patent sheets. Thanks for that, and don't hesitate to ask questions, as there
are members here that have extended knowledge in Vending machines.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: 1st machine - 1951? Tom's Roasted Nuts vending machine.

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:45 am

TxGuy74;
again welcome to the forum! as stated , many of the topics are slot machine related But, many here are very much into gum & nut vending machines.
little patience , & hopefully you can get so good information, ect.
again welcome .
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Return to Fantastic Finds