WTB Caille Doughboy parts

Forum rules
This is the spot to list any parts that you are looking for.

WTB Caille Doughboy parts

Postby radiorich123 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:16 pm

Need the center vertical jackpot push bar that is about 6 inches long with the red/brown end and the ZZ coin bar with the screw and spring. Any parts out there for my Doughboy?

Thanks

Richard
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Re: WTB Caille Doughboy parts

Postby marsonion » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm

radiorich123 wrote:Need the center vertical jackpot push bar that is about 6 inches long with the red/brown end and the ZZ coin bar with the screw and spring. Any parts out there for my Doughboy?

Thanks

Richard

It would help if you provided pictures of both the condition of your machine's jackpot hardware, and of the specific parts you're looking for. The "red/brown end" description makes no sense at all to me (all parts I see associated with the JP are either steel or cast bronze) and, to make matters worse, most Doughboys I've worked on aren't equipped with a "zig-zag" bar per se, but utilize a ballasted bronze casting mounted at the bottom of the escalator (see pic) for the same purpose, and those parts aren't interchangeable last I looked (or tried).
Attachments
ballastedCasting.jpg
marsonion

Postby radiorich123 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:34 pm

HI

The first photo I am missing the vertical center push bar on the jackpot.
The other 2 photos shows what is missing from that screw hole at the bottom of the coin shoot.

Richard
Attachments
MVC-002F.JPG
MVC-001F.JPG
MVC-003F.JPG
radiorich123@yahoo.com
radiorich123

Postby marsonion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:06 pm

radiorich123 wrote:HI

The first photo I am missing the vertical center push bar on the jackpot.
The other 2 photos shows what is missing from that screw hole at the bottom of the coin shoot.

Richard

I have the vertical bar, but I'm not parting-out any of my machines, so I fetched one out to get pictures on 1/4" quad paper so you can make your own replica. And the location of the hole at the bottom of your escalator indicates that your Doughboy does indeed take the "zig-zag" bar rather than the bronze casting; I don't have any ZZ's handy, but have had them through my workshop over the years, and at one point I Xeroxed and traced one of them (images below).

These really are such simple parts that if you made your own replicas from 1/16" steel sheet, even experts would be hard-pressed to tell them from factory originals... and it appears that the pivot point on the cast arm that articulates with the vertical bar is fractured on your machine, so I'd guess you have some shop work on your to-do list anyway. Good luck!
Attachments
bars1.JPG
bars2.JPG
marsonion

Postby radiorich123 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:19 pm

HI

Thanks for the prints. I will get them made and hope everything works properly then.

Regards

RICHARD

ps The cast bar on the jackpot is not damage it has the screw to attach the missing vertical bar on it.
radiorich123@yahoo.com
radiorich123

Postby marsonion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm

radiorich123 wrote:
ps The cast bar on the jackpot is not damage it has the screw to attach the missing vertical bar on it.

Yes, I see now! Sorry for my confusion. #-o

BTW haven't seen too many 25c Doughboys... will you post a pic of the cabinet?
Thanks!
marsonion

Postby radiorich123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:14 am

HI

Can you tell me the measurement on the vertical bar from the center to center of the bottom screw hole to the 1/4 inch dia. guide pin on it.

Rich
radiorich123@yahoo.com
radiorich123

Return to Parts WANTED