Speciality slots Corp, John Caler

Forum rules
This is the place to post any parts that you have for sale.

Speciality slots Corp, John Caler

Postby Lol » Wed May 31, 2017 2:40 am

There was a recent discussion on metal form products. Does anyone know about speciality slots corp, John Caler? Are any of the parts that they made still available? Apart from Mr Slot does anyone else sell Watling slot parts? Where did all the Watling parts go?
Thanks, Lol
Lol

Re: Speciality slots Corp, John Caler

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Wed May 31, 2017 3:23 am

Lol wrote:There was a recent discussion on metal form products. Does anyone know about speciality slots corp, John Caler? Are any of the parts that they made still available? Apart from Mr Slot does anyone else sell Watling slot parts? Where did all the Watling parts go?
Thanks, Lol

I dealt with John Caler a lot, back in the 1970's & 1980's. He always had a very large supply of quality slots
in his shop in Sunland, CA. Sad to say, that John passed away in Oct. 1993, at age 60. As for what happened
to all of his parts, I only know where some stuff went at the time, and have no idea where all the rest went.
There is a member of this Forum that got some items, but I will let him elaborate, if he chooses.

As a side note: John was a fairly known part-time actor, all through the 1950's. Just a couple of the movies
He was in, were "Giant", "South Pacific", and "Auntie Mame". His real full name, was John Wayne Caler.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Re: Speciality slots Corp, John Caler

Postby Lol » Wed May 31, 2017 5:22 am

Thank you for the reply Bill. Sad to hear that John Caler passed away when he was just 60. Nice to know that he appeared in two very well known films. I guess very few actors could claim to have worked on a film with James Dean. Thank you for sharing the information.

I have been reading my way through "loose change" magazine from the very first issue to the last. It must have been great to be a slot machine collector in the 70's & 80's as that appears to be when the hobby really kicked off . The law was changing that allowed vintage slot machines to be collected. Collectors could now advertise, people created a new business for selling slot machines and re-manufacturing parts. There were many shows and auctions that a collector could attend. It all seemed to take off in California & then spread across the country. Of course there was already a lot happening in Illinois as most slot machines were manufactured in Chicago but California seemed the best place to be.
Lol
Lol

Return to Parts For Sale