9 slot machines & 2 Trip-L-Jacks available in SD

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

9 slot machines & 2 Trip-L-Jacks available in SD

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:17 am

Hello all-
I have a preliminary announcement that there are 9 slot machines (conditions vary but overall fairly nice) and 2 trip-l-jack drop machines that are available in my area (60 miles north of Sioux Falls). To start I am NOT the owner of the machines and have looked at them for only 30 minutes so I do not know (other than the fact that they all function) the serial numbers, back door & lock details, cash box presence, etc. I am a slot and coin op collector and have restored many Mills slots so if anyone is interested I can arrange another visit with the owner and inspect them more carefully. I will try to add pictures today as well. Slots are: Mills 25-cent Black Cherry (original finish); 10-cent Black Cherry (original finish); 50-cent Fish Mouth Black Cherry (repainted with a "humorous" poker motif---will need specific things to look for to make sure it is an original 50-center); 25-cent Mills Rock-O-La front with skill stops (working), top marquee; Jennings Duchess 5-cent Vendor Front; Jennings 1-cent Gum Front (already tried to purchase this machine several times since I collect 1-cent machines); Mills QT Chevron 1-cent (base crack (separation), I think, and slow reel movement---might have original locks that have been re-keyed); Mills 5-cent Poinsettia; and a Mills 10-cent High Top (blue/red restored); One Trip-L-Jack has a casting piece missing on the lower left side (1-cent?) and the other 5-cent machine looks great. Owner is a wealthy, retired (and stubborn) reclusive fellow who started buying machines for his mother and has had them stored in his den area since she passed away. He wants $13,000 for the collection no offers, dickering, individual sales, etc. and they will need to be picked up. If the deal works for someone I will pay 1200.00 (or whatever!) for the penny Jennings so the cost would be 11,800. Obviously I have talked to him about retail vs. wholesale, soft market on the more common machines, etc. He really doesn't care. So, if anyone has proverbial DEEP POCKETS and wants some winter projects this might be the answer!! There may be repro doors, locks---all of which I can check as well as the aforementioned details. PM if interested and I will communicate via phone, text, or email! Robert
HAVING NO SUCCESS WITH TRANSFERRING PHOTOS SO YOU WILL HAVE TO PM ME AND I CAN SEND THEM VIA TEXT OR EMAIL WITHIN A DAY OR SO. SORRY!!
rtmccurdy

Re: 9 slot machines & 2 Trip-L-Jacks available in SD

Postby Richard13 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:30 am

No more deep pockets here but if someone bought the collection and wanted to piece it out I might be interested in the Mills Rockola revamp and/or the Jennings Dutch front vendor. That's three of the nine six to go lol. If you have photos of these two machines I would like to see them my email is.

reomanager1@aol.com

Thanks Richard
Looking for survivor machines especially vendor fronts or original side vendors with or without
a machine. 1920's-30's goosenecks, round escalators. I enjoy hand painting the castings.
Richard13

Postby standardchief » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Hmmm... former math guy here. Nine machines for $13,000. Sounds a lot like $1444 for each machine, more retail pricing than wholesale. Too stubborn to negotiate? I wish him (and you) luck.

-S

---------------------------------------------

CORRECTION: Must be why I said FORMER math guy. 9 slots plus 2 Trip-L-Jax is 11 total machines. So, it's merely $1181 per machine.

Hmm ... two Trip-L-Jax recently sold on eBay for $785 and $897. rtmccurdy, perhaps your offer of $1200 for one of the Trip-L-Jax is higher than necessary, if they sold for under $900.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Trip-L- ... 7675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRIP-L-JAX-3-JA ... 7675.l2557

-S
Last edited by standardchief on Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
standardchief

Postby rtmccurdy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Ha. Believe me I've tried!! He is also selling his house ($600,000) on the golf course AND he has a large collection of 50's & 60's British Sports Cars stored away.
rtmccurdy

Re: 9 slot machines & 2 Trip-L-Jacks available in SD PICTURE

Postby rtmccurdy » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:48 am

Here are the photos I have so far.
Attachments
1779[1].jpeg
1778[1].jpeg
1776[1].jpeg
1774[1].jpeg
1777[1].jpeg
1775[1].jpeg
rtmccurdy

Postby JHSS-1944 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:06 am

Thank you for the photos !
out of my "current" price range..... but an instant collection.
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Return to Machines For Sale