1940-50 CoinOp Viewing Scope From Lookout Mt Colorado

Have a machine for sale? List it here. List reproduction machines at your own risk!

1940-50 CoinOp Viewing Scope From Lookout Mt Colorado

Postby PennywiseThrift » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:28 am

Hello all,
We are new to this forum and we ended up here as a result of a rather lengthy internet search.
We are Pennywise Thrift Shop located in Westminster Colorado and have recently obtained a vintage (1940-50's) coin operated viewing scope from Lookout Mountain Colorado. This scope came from the estate of a prominent Denver developer and is complete including the 360 degree spinning base ladder for the children to use. It carries a Bausch & Lomb scope and operates on a 10-cent coin slot box and is in excellent original condition. Although we dont currently have pictures of this scope as we have it packed away in our storage unit, we have attached an image (see below) we found online of the exact same scope.
Our reason for adding this thread is first to see if there is anyone out there locally that could possibly come by to see the scope and give us an idea of its worth as well as to see if anyone may be interested in purchasing this cool old piece of history.
Thank you all for your time and input.
Georgia - Owner
Pennywise Thrift Shop
Westminster, CO
bausch and lomb scope.jpg
PennywiseThrift

Re: 1940-50 CoinOp Viewing Scope From Lookout Mt Colorado

Postby CoinOpNut » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:05 am

Hi Georgia - welcome to the Forum and glad you found us.

Your timing is great as I've been investigating these coin-op scopes recently.
We live in the greater Los Angeles area and are up in the mountains, and I have been adding some viewers to our front and back porches so friends and family can enjoy a nostalgic way of viewing the surrounds.

Happy to share what I've learned so far in terms of makers and such, and I'd likely be interested in purchasing yours.

Feel free to email me directly at coinopgeek@gmail.com

Thanks!
John
CoinOpNut

Postby PennywiseThrift » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi John, I sent an email using the address listed in your response but didn't hear back so am listing the email here. We are closed on Monday's but you can try calling us at the shop tomorrow at 303-650-1975. Thanks! Georgia-Owner Pennywise Thrift Shop.
Emailed reply.....Hi John,
Thank you for your swift response.
Any information you can provide on this particular scope that would help us both identify the maker and value would be much appreciated.
Let me know exactly what information you need from me and where on the scope to look for this information and my husband and I will stop by our storage unit on the way into the shop tomorrow.
Thank you again,
Georgia
PennywiseThrift

Postby PennywiseThrift » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Would like to thank all whom responded to our post.
We gained some very helpful information and was able to sell this unit for top dollar.
Thank you all.
PennywiseThrift

Return to Machines For Sale