Jennings Witch

This is the place to talk about educational or interesting videos. This will be the spot where COPS will post links to their videos.

Anyone is welcome to contribute or post.

Jennings Witch

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:18 pm

I have just uploaded a video about a rare Jennings Witch.

I discuss how to identify the fakes as well as how the self loading jackpot works.

FYI, the Witch and all the Victoria (Model B) machines had a unique feature where the operator could specify how many coins the machine would load into the jackpot.

The video is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxC_lnCq39w
Dave
Site Admin

Re: Jennings Witch

Postby briank » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:41 am

Thanks for the witch video...very informative. Before I knew how rare and valuable these are I had placed a wtb ad because the prices I had seen were for the fake front ones. Not that I have that kind of money sitting around but whats your opinion on the ebay witch for 8500? Has the market softened that much where one sold for 16000 but this one has sat for awhile for 8500? Serial number is in range and it was bough from a well known slot guy. Would love to have it but ......$$$$
briank

Postby Dave » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:19 am

Original Witch's come up for sale so rarely it is hard to know what true market value is.

The reproductions really screwed things up. When the one that sold back in 2006 brought $17,000 the fakes really started hitting the auctions.

The one on eBay has been restored (all originals are much more desirable) and also has a reproduction bottom back door. Both of these are pretty big deals to people who are willing to pay top dollar and want 100% original machines.

To me $8,500 does not seem out of line. I sure wouldn't sell mine for that but mine is 100% original and I have been told the nicest original known.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby mechanic » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:29 pm

I sold mine for $2300. back in 99. Last I heard it's somewhere around Cleveland #100024.
mechanic

Return to Videos