Mills Extraordinary does not work in cabinet, Part 2

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Extraordinary does not work in cabinet, Part 2

Postby WurlitzBurg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:14 pm

I have a Mills Extraordinary that works perfectly on the bench. When I slide it into the cabinet it does not payout because the slides are not released and there is no 5th click. It seems to me it could be caused by an anti-cheat feature or there is something at the interface with the coin mechanism. I am stumped.
I removed the tab at the rear corner that can stop the action before the 5th click. The swivel arm under the frame that blocks the coin drop seems to be ok.
Would the arm that slides along a pin next to (left of) the coin slides have any affect? I believe it is the jackpot push bar.
Thank you for your help. Tom
T
WurlitzBurg

Re: Mills Extraordinary does not work in cabinet, Part 2

Postby oldslotman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:03 pm

My guess is that the jackpot slide pin that trips the jackpot is getting hung up on the jackpot trip lever on the jackpot and not allowing the payout slides to be pushed far enough forward to reset. Make sure that the jackpot is not tripped and reset before inserting the mech.
oldslotman

Postby WurlitzBurg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:25 am

I found a great video that shows how the Jackpot works and I will check it. It appears the JP push bar extends farther when there is a Jackpot, is that correct? The push bar extends with the slides at the beginning of the cycle, so does that mean it does not pay out until the next cycle?
T
WurlitzBurg

Postby oldslotman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:55 am

WurlitzBurg wrote:I found a great video that shows how the Jackpot works and I will check it. It appears the JP push bar extends farther when there is a Jackpot, is that correct? The push bar extends with the slides at the beginning of the cycle, so does that mean it does not pay out until the next cycle?

The jackpot push bar just resets the jackpot after it is tripped. Has nothing to do with the payouts. It extends the same distance each pull.
oldslotman

Postby WurlitzBurg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:58 pm

The video I watched made it look like the same actuator (JP push bar) trips the JP and also resets it on another cycle. If not, what trips the JP to release the coins?
T
WurlitzBurg

Postby oldslotman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:00 pm

WurlitzBurg wrote:The video I watched made it look like the same actuator (JP push bar) trips the JP and also resets it on another cycle. If not, what trips the JP to release the coins?

There is a pin on the top jackpot slide that trips the jackpot. When a jackpot is hit the pin on the top slide, which is the jackpot slide, moves backwards and trips the jackpot.
oldslotman

Postby MONTI » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:15 pm

Kind of flying blind here as you have not posted photos of your Front Jackpot assembly and/or front of your mech in particular the payout slide assembly but I believe this is an example of what oldslotman is speaking of!
Depending on your particular assembly there are a couple variations in the linkage, Etc. that is used for tripping and resetting the front jackpot, both the main jackpot and reserve for the main jackpot refill!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

MECH SLIDES showing Front Jackpot Trips.JPG
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby WurlitzBurg » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:53 pm

You are correct, photos make a big difference. Thank you for posting your photo. My machine is the same. Now I understand it is the pin that trips the JP and the side plate that resets. It will be a little while before I can check the state of the JP mech. I hope that sheds light on the root problem.
T
WurlitzBurg

Postby oldslotman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 pm

MONTI wrote:Kind of flying blind here as you have not posted photos of your Front Jackpot assembly and/or front of your mech in particular the payout slide assembly but I believe this is an example of what oldslotman is speaking of!
Depending on your particular assembly there are a couple variations in the linkage, Etc. that is used for tripping and resetting the front jackpot, both the main jackpot and reserve for the main jackpot refill!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

MECH SLIDES showing Front Jackpot Trips.JPG

Wish I knew how to do graphics like that.
oldslotman

Postby WurlitzBurg » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:02 pm

Oldslotsman,
You are right on! The JP mech was gunked up. I cleaned it up and applied a little machine oil to the joints so every link moves smoothly. It all works perfectly now.

Monti,
Thank you for the information. It all makes sense now.

Tom
T
WurlitzBurg

Next

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions