Mills Reserve Jackpot Question

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Reserve Jackpot Question

Postby root_console » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:31 pm

I have a Mills 10 cent Hi-Top and I am attempting to get the reserve jackpot in working order.

I just can't seem to figure out the reserve jackpot mechanism. Perhaps I am using a wrong part or just need some guidance.

One of my main questions is the purpose of the lever that the yellow arrow is pointing to.

When I have the reserve assembly part installed, that lever doesn't seem to interact with anything.

IMG_0763_800x600.jpg

Can anyone explain its purpose or which part it should interact with?
root_console

Re: Mills Reserve Jackpot Question

Postby TJ » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Describe the problem with the reserve jackpot. ie. is it not opening after the main jackpot drops or what. When the three bars come up the main pot opens thus paying the jackpot. The next coin in closes the main door and drops the reserve into the main jackpot. The next coin in closes the reserve, allowing it to be refilled for the next time. Some times in the replacement of jackpot glass the reserve door is not seated properly against the glass and it will not operate properly. The operation of the mills complete jackpot is described in the 40's mills repair book. Hope this helps out a little. P.M. me if you wish to call and chat about it. T.J.
TJ

Re: Mills Reserve Jackpot Question

Postby markymarkuk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:11 am

FOund a great video that shows in detail how the Reserve Jackpot works.. this may help!

https://youtu.be/DaqnR9lmX3s
markymarkuk

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions