Mills Double Eagle Mint vender operation

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Double Eagle Mint vender operation

Postby Beads » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Sorry another newbie question. I just stripped the mech right down and cleaned all parts with Simple Green. Then I greased/oiled all moving parts (except payout slides) and put it back together with no extra parts :D . Now the vertical fingers are not strong enough to push the horizontal fingers on a payout. I can force the vertical finger to trip the horizontal finger for a payout though. Any ideas what to check??
Thanks Bill
Last edited by Beads on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beads

Re: Mills Double Eagle payout slides

Postby Beads » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:03 pm

All good now..turned out to be the payout slide lock lever. It was binding so I remover the washer(probably to thick to begin with) below the cotter pin and now it springs into action. But that was after I removed all the payout slides again :( :(
Time to work on the jackpot and mint vendor. But before I start could someone send me a picture of the right side of the mech to make sure I have all the parts for the mint vendor mech. Maybe a small explanation too! I think I can figure out the jackpot...just need to purchase a pile of nickels, so off to the bank.
Thanks Bill

email blealess@telus.net
Beads

Re: Mills Double Eagle Mint vender operation

Postby Beads » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:41 am

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
OK can't seem to get the mint vender to operate. I can set the trip lever "A" manually with the mech out of the cabinet.
The problem is cam lever "B" barely touches trip lever "A" but you can see a long wear mark on top of trip leaver "A". So how do I adjust cam lever "B" to rotate clockwise and forward. Do I back off lock nut and bolt "C" and move the pointed rod forward. If so how far can I go...looks like lots of cam thrust in this area!!!!
Beads

Re: Mills Double Eagle Mint vender operation

Postby Beads » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:51 pm

Thanks Watlingboy for your PM. You were correct....I moved the sub-base forward 3/16" and now the mint vender works as it was meant to be.
Beads

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions