Daval Clearing House original colors ??

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Daval Clearing House original colors ??

Postby mrblatzman » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:24 am

If someone has a Clearing House or a photo to share, I would like to know the original colors and details as to what section/area was what...Thankyou for any help....Bob Reno in Alabama
mrblatzman

Re: Daval Clearing House original colors ??

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:28 am

Hi Bob:
Some of the Daval 'Hump-Top' machines were produced in more than one color scheme, in both single color and tutone.
I have seen the Clearing House in two different solid colors. A medium brown, and a medium to dark green. If you just
bought the one on eBay, that had been repainted aqua, and all chipped up, you can see the original green paint peeking
from under, around the back edge of the case, and back door. I also see it on the inside of the gumball view window,
behind the glass. I was going to call you about this, but your file card was not in the drawer, and couldn't find it. Was
also going to call Paul, but no phone number on his file card. My batting average is not very good at this time.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mrblatzman » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:20 pm

Hi Bill.....I sent you a message thru this Forum containing the serial number of the machine....Bob
mrblatzman

Postby mrblatzman » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:37 am

I took the Clearing house apart this morning, including removing the coin entry and handle....The color under the coin entry was a medium brown, and the lines in the bottom section of the cabinet were all orange...It appears to be the exact same color configuration as my tit-tat-toe....At one time the non handle side appears to have been green but there is brown paint residuals there too...Can anyone concur at to the correctness of what I found....I think it is a fairly late production Clearing House...maybe after the Tit-Tat-Toes came out...Maybe...not sure...but do want to do it back correctly...Thanks again for any help/advise...Bob Reno in Alabama

One other odd thing...The original tin flat tray in the gum section is made from a silk screened piece, yellow and blue, with a star on it....bottom side, plain on top where gum would have sat..Taken from something they didn't use but I have no idea what, but it definitely came there and is not a remade piece...
mrblatzman

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions