Pace Open Front Mechanism Removal

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Pace Open Front Mechanism Removal

Postby Mechanik » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Can someone point me to a resource for pulling the mechanism out of my circa 1960 $.25 Pace 4-reel? The case and mech look a lot like an open front Mills so that will probably help, if you can point to something.

I've tried several searches here and on the interwebs but I'm guessing this is so easy that no one posts it. I found the single latch under the mech and pulled the innards out about an inch before something bound up and stopped my progress. The mech came up off the slides and moved to the left, so its definitely hitting something.

Thanks in advance.
Mechanik

Re: Pace Open Front Mechanism Removal

Postby Mechanik » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Never mind. Got it done today. Took two if us to get it back into the case, though.

What a mess inside.
Mechanik

Re: Pace Open Front Mechanism Removal

Postby Mechanik » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:50 pm

Just to complete the record for anyone looking for this in the future:

The latch is held in place by a thumbscrew. Pull the latch horizontal and then tighten the thumbscrew, leaving it horizontal and out of the way. On my machine, you also had to move the ball handle up and down to maneuver the handle mechanism while you're pulling the mech out. There are several protruding parts on the right side of the machine and it was sort of like Tetris to get everything to mesh.
Mechanik

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions