STAR BRAND Mints

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

STAR BRAND Mints

Postby Rick-okc » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:21 pm

I'm working on a Jennings Duchess that has STAR BRAND in the top casting.
I think I read somewhere that was the name of the mints in the mint vendors. Is that correct?
Has anyone seen a roll of STAR BRAND mints? I'd love to get a high res file of their wrapper.

Rick
Rick-okc

Re: STAR BRAND Mints

Postby cpdretired » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:22 am

http://www.mrslot1.com/index.html
Dave has some but not your brand. Send him an email may he can help you.
Ron
cpdretired

Postby Rick-okc » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 am

Thanks Ron for the suggestion.
I've got the blue Pioneer and green Jennings wrappers from Dave already. Still haven't found anyone that has Star Brand wrappers, if they even exist.
Rick
Rick-okc

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Rick:
In all the years, I have seen many different Mint wrappers, and do not remember seeing any with "Star Brand" on them.
That Star design on the top casting, I'm sure, is referring to the machine model with the crest design above the coin-view
window, as the one with the two stripes, has a different top casting. The top casting with the Star, came in two versions.
One has "Star Brand" in the center, and the other has the "ODJ" logo. If you had a 1c model with Star Brand on top, it
would not have any connection to rolls of mints, as that model would vend gumballs.
Bill
Last edited by SLOT DYNASTY on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby mechanic » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:42 pm

SLOT DYNASTY wrote:Rick:
I all the years, I have seen many different Mint wrappers, and do not remember seeing any with "Star Brand" on them.
That Star design on the top casting, I'm sure, is referring to the machine model with the crest design above the coin-view
window, as the one with the two stripes, has a different top casting. The top casting with the Star, came in two versions.
One has "Star Brand" in the center, and the other has the "ODJ" logo. If you had a 1c model with Star Brand on top, it
would not have any connection to rolls of mints, as that model would vend gumballs.
Bill

In my 40+ yrs I have never seen any mints with a star brand logo. I use Jennings mint wrappers for my two machines.
mechanic

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions