Payout fingers won’t go all the way

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Re: Payout fingers won’t go all the way

Postby Jaysrestoration » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:44 am

Ok marsonion I didn’t realise there was a question answer limit. Maybe you should ask me as I worked the problem out by studying movement and trying the advise of Oldslotman and his years of wisdom hope that’s ok with you.
Jaysrestoration

Postby Jaysrestoration » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:47 am

Hi damikeguy I’m in Australia but I thought that is what this group was for If I had someone close to me to ask I wouldn’t be asking here .
Jaysrestoration

Postby marsonion » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:24 am

Jaysrestoration wrote:Ok marsonion I didn’t realise there was a question answer limit. Maybe you should ask me as I worked the problem out by studying movement and trying the advise of Oldslotman and his years of wisdom hope that’s ok with you.

Sorry again! I really didn’t intend to offend you. What I meant by that remark is that, if all of the corrections offered so far "check out" (the slides are resetting OK, the spring lengths and tensions are adequate, etc.) and all of the parts involved move freely otherwise, then only you are in a position to get out a flashlight and a screwdriver and observe whatever it is that your vertical fingers are scraping, hitting-against or sticking-to during operation. (My powers of ESP only seem to extend across regions north of the Equator.) That’s part of all the “fun” in the hobby. Let us know what you find: you've got me truly curious. And best of luck-- sincerely.
marsonion

Postby mechanic » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Try this. The main operating fork, the big steel bar that goes across the back just above the clock. There is a lift pin just before the end that comes through the back. Above that there is a box screw with a jam nut below. Loosen the jam nut then loosen the box screw a few turns. Now the lift pin should be loose enough to move freely. Now carefully push the back of the lift pin in very slightly, about .035 then retighten the screws and see if the machine cycles better. The lift pin causes the slide reset bar to move a little more forward pushing the slides with it. If the 5th click is not engaging fully this should fix that and the master slide should not be resting on the horizontal fingers which is the problem. If this does not work then your problem is more involved and may be due to excessive wear on some of the parts.
mechanic

Postby rosekiller454356 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:06 am

I was just reading all the replies to your original post. Hope you have the problem resolved. If not, I have another suggestion for you to check out. It is possible that the the 4th and 5th clicks are so close together that the horizontal payout fingers are not "entirely" moved off the slides by the vertical payout fingers (4th click) before the slide lock (5th click) occurs, i.e., the horizontal payout fingers are moved back somewhat but are still holding onto the edge of the slides. This is why you can push the upper fingers forward into the 3rd reel disc which disengages the lower fingers from the "edge" of the slides. You can check the lower fingers position before and after a machine cycle to see if this is occurring. If it is, then you will have to make a timing adjustment to get the 4th click to occur a fraction sooner, which I can help you with, if needed. In any event let me hear from you.

Rosekiller
rosekiller454356

Previous

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions