Mills Bonus Hightop - Bonus Issue

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Bonus Hightop - Bonus Issue

Postby scottzearbaugh » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Hello, I recently purchased a 25 cent Bonus Hightop slot machine. I was able to repair the base wood and repaint; however, I have an issue with the bonus mechanism. I usually ask my brother-in-law when I need a strong back and a weak mind, but in this case I need some talent. Every time I cycle the machine, the bonus mechanism indexes the next letter. After five cycles the word BONUS is spelled and the machine pays out correctly. I looked at the Geddes & Mead book, but was not able to figure out the problem. I also compared it to another machine and all the parts are installed. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks. Scott
scottzearbaugh

Re: Mills Bonus Hightop - Bonus Issue

Postby oldslotman » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:40 pm

My guess is that you have a spring broken or missing that reset the kicker for the letters.
oldslotman

Postby scottzearbaugh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:17 pm

Thank you. I will look for that issue.
scottzearbaugh

Postby rosekiller454356 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:52 am

I experienced some of the same problems when I purchased my bonus hightop. Took much work to get it working properly. You may want to review my post of February 14, 2017 for reference. Hope it helps.
rosekiller454356

Postby scottzearbaugh » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:13 pm

Team,
Through contacts on this forum and with friends, I was able to get in touch with the "mechanic". I ended up taking my horse head and my bonus high top machines to the mechanic to get the bonus feature working. Well, within a short time he was able to fix both the machines. So, here is a major thank you to the "mechanic". In addition, this forum has been extremely helpful. Thanks again.
Scott
scottzearbaugh

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions