Mills Extraordinary works on bench, not in cabinet

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Mills Extraordinary works on bench, not in cabinet

Postby WurlitzBurg » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:51 pm

My Mills slot stopped making payouts. The slides seemed to be sticking. I disassembled the payout slides and cleaned them. There seemed to be no issue with the slides or springs then. It worked and paid out fine on the bench. When I returned the mech to the cabinet it did not work properly. At the end of the cycle, the slides do not release, no 5th click. As soon as the handle is pulled for the next cycle, the slides release and drop the coins. Again, on the bench it works fine. The mech seems to locate properly on the base. It slides into the cabinet easily. I would appreciate assistance.
T
WurlitzBurg

Re: Mills Extraordinary works on bench, not in cabinet

Postby mechanic » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:43 pm

No 5th click means the 5th click is not engaging. Check to see if the part sets behind the master slide. If it does not seat behind the master slide like it should then you may need to adjust the lift pin located on the far left looking at it from behind. Loosen the jam nut and the square head screw enough to push the lift pin a couple thousandths forward retighten and see if the 5th click engages. repeat this if it does not engage. If you push the lift pin in too far it jams the mech.
mechanic

Postby WurlitzBurg » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 am

I understand. I will pursue that.
Are there any security features that might affect operation when the mech is installed in the cabinet?
T
WurlitzBurg

Postby oldslotman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:35 pm

WurlitzBurg wrote:I understand. I will pursue that.
Are there any security features that might affect operation when the mech is installed in the cabinet?

No.
oldslotman

Postby rosekiller454356 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:50 am

Your post is appx. a year old. I am curious as to how you resolved the issue. Thanks.
rosekiller454356

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions