Correct Reel Strips

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Correct Reel Strips

Postby capt7310 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:36 pm

Hello everyone, just purchased this 10 stop Mills got it for 250 bucks but I think the guy had enough with trying to figure at the payouts and said here take it. Well I've have been trying for several hours lining cherries, bar, bell, etc. I think I have it correct then a couple of pulls later the pay line shows maybe 1 cherry in the middle reel and it drops 2 and so on. I'm wondering if the pay strips might be wrong, I don't see to many strips for a 10 stop reels. Any help thanks
Attachments
IMG_4737.JPG
IMG_4735.JPG
IMG_4732.JPG
IMG_4731.JPG
capt7310

Re: Correct Reel Strips

Postby MONTI » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:58 pm

For laffs & giggles try setting up three bars on the payline and see if it dumps 20 coins!
Sometimes, if your lucky if you get the right three bars paying correctly the rest should be right!
Ofcourse if the reel strips are not correctly installed on the reel tins that all goes out the window!
Worth a try though, right?
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby capt7310 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:15 pm

Hi Monti, Did that and it dump 20 I thought all done then a few pulls later the vert fingers were all in on plums and I was showing 1 plum and 2 whatever so I did a WTF and keep moving the reel strips. I guess I'll keep trying because the reel strips for a 10 stop I can see are only 2 types. Just to make sure when looking at the reel mech the first reel to the left would be 1 then 2 then 3 from left to right correct. Thought they might be mixed up, but I check the reel strip book and what I have is correct. Very frustrating. But Thank you.
capt7310

Postby MONTI » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:30 am

Yes, looking at the front of the mech they go left to right, 1, 2 & 3!
The reel strips may not be on the reel tins correctly and may require you setting up a spin and stopping the clock with a rag by the fan so that you can spin the reels freely and look at the symbols on each reel on every other one at the location the reel would stop in a "ten stop" configuration and then look at the disc for each reel and see if the hole on the disc that aligns with the vertical pay finger is correct for the symbol on that particular reel tin!
Cherry,s first outer hole on disc, oranges second hole going towards disc center, Etc.
I had you try the three bars as there are less combinations on the bars and it would give you a starting point!
However if the reel strips are loose and moving on the reel tins you could have the three bars lined up in such a way that one of the bars would be in a location that it is not supposed to stop on in a ten stop configuration which would throw off the other symbols stopping points on that particular reel!
I am probably not explaining this very well as I can talk someone thru it better on the phone them in typing it out here on the forum!
Also if someone before you has been futzing with the reels, #1 & #2, as to their attachment to the reel shaft connected to the discs other things could be out of wack!
Maybe someone else could explain it better than I!
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions