Early Mills Gooseneck coin acceptance issue

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Early Mills Gooseneck coin acceptance issue

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Thu May 30, 2019 9:07 am

Hello,

I bought an early Mills gooseneck recently and have done a mechanical overhaul of the mech. Everything is working as it should except I have an issue with nickels being rejected more often than I would think acceptable. The only thing missing on the mech is the slug rejector(pic is attached). The nickels being used are post buffalo nickel era.

So my question.... By adding the slug rejector to the mech, would that help the acceptance of the nickels? The way it is currently there is a big slot that the nickels can bounce out of and into the slug rejector bin. The machine is reasonably level and mech is in its place.

Also, this machine appears like someone years and years ago put a few different machines together to make what I have now. It is believed the machine was a front vendor FOK, post 1920, but has had the front vendor removed and a decorative piece of wood in its place. The mech appears to be of an earlier style(pre1920) and has skill stops on it. Are the skill stop portion of the mech desireable? I may remove them in the event I find something that needs them later down the road or someone else needs them to complete their project. Otherwise the machine is is pretty good condition but looking to sell it for someone to enjoy so making it playable and dependable it priority.
Attachments
Mills gooseneck pic.jpg
Missing slug rejector
ThirdGenAmusement

Re: Early Mills Gooseneck coin acceptance issue

Postby MONTI » Thu May 30, 2019 10:04 am

Yes, adding the slug rejector portion would correct your problem as it consists of a plate where a magnet resides underneath that coins pass by and are kept in a straight correct path unless they are metal slugs that are magnetic and in that case they are diverted into the slug cup!
Without the assembly coins do not always stay in the correct path as you are experiencing!
When installing the coin reject assembly it is adjustable for proper operation!
MONTI

area of slug detection.jpg
area of slug detection.jpg (37.59 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby ThirdGenAmusement » Thu May 30, 2019 10:17 am

MONTI wrote:Yes, adding the slug rejector portion would correct your problem as it consists of a plate where a magnet resides underneath that coins pass by and are kept in a straight correct path unless they are metal slugs that are magnetic and in that case they are diverted into the slug cup!
Without the assembly coins do not always stay in the correct path as you are experiencing!
When installing the coin reject assembly it is adjustable for proper operation!
MONTI

area of slug detection.jpg

Monti I really appreciate your knowledge and willingness to help! Your statement makes perfect sense.

Now the question is, does anyone have one for sale?
ThirdGenAmusement

Postby MONTI » Thu May 30, 2019 10:42 am

Try Dave Berten at mrslot1@aol.com as he may have them!
Tell him MONTI referred you to him!
He and his father before him, Bernie Berten have always taken care of my needs over the last 35 years!
If he does not have one he will refer you to someone who might!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions