Reel timing inside and outside of case

This is the area to talk about everything regarding repairing and restoring machines.

Reel timing inside and outside of case

Postby Shane » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 pm

I have had the mech outside the case working on it. When i cycle it the 5 clicks following a nice even cadence. However, when i place the mech back in the case, the 2nd and 3rd reels stop together on the timing of the 3rd click. I've removed the mech several times in which case it goes back to the proper cadence but each time i install it back in the mech the 2 and 3 stop at the same time. Seems very strange - any ideas what is causing this?

Thanks,

Shane
Shane

Re: Reel timing inside and outside of case

Postby Shane » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:41 am

Found the cause of the problem. The base of the second reel stop lever is rubbing on the jackpot mechanism. I removed and re-installed the jackpot to make sure it wasn't out of alignment. The reel stops are properly installed and the mech rests in its proper spot in the case. Curious if anyone has come across this issue and how it was resolved.

Thanks,

Shane
Shane

Postby bkrsdoz » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Shane,
I'm glad you solved the problem.
I figured it had to be something along those lines.
Bob
bkrsdoz

Postby Shane » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:37 pm

Found the problem but not the solution. However, see attached photo. The #2 reel stop flares out at the bottom (see arrow) while the #1 reel stop does not. Wondering if the #1 and #2 got swapped at some point - does anyone know if the flared reel stop should actually be in the #1 position?

Shane
Attachments
Reel stops.JPG
Shane

Return to Repair / Restoration Questions