Mills Horse head BONUS

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: Mills Horse head BONUS

Postby rtmccurdy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:02 pm

Too start, I have a completely original unrestored 5-cent Horsehead Bonus that I can reference. (I have not owned 10 or 25-cent versions). I wonder if someone had a Bursting Cherry cabinet and put on the bonus castings which would explain the lack of drill plates, side vendor cover, and award card. I have owned a few unrestored Extraordinary slots that had the gold award mechanism inside w/o gold award mech parts or reel bundle.
rtmccurdy

Postby TheFatman » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:13 pm

I have an original HorseHead Bonus... 100% original... original paint, original Mills decal, award card and it is a 25 cent machine. If you need pics... please let me know.
I have to say... its my favorite in all my collection. Seen a great deal of 5 cent machines but hardly ever an original 25 cent machine.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby gsx11r » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Hello everyone
So some nice reply about this slot .
One of the best from Mills with the Futurity !!!
Well ,the reply is easy (specialy for Frenchs guys since this special Bonus version is the only one version avalaible in France), for help you , you need to go back in the past and read this old thread !! (thank you Dave for this !! )

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=463&hilit=futurity+attitude
And I don t talk about the small Magnet on the Escalator .

Have fun !
Stephane
gsx11r

Postby Mills » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:13 am

Well I see that finally no one has found where the problem really was !!
In fact, the machine presented .... never existed! It's a scam !
It is a casting of a Mills horse BONUS of 1937 (the presence of the gold award proves it and the payment 3-10) but the mechanics is a 20 stops from a BONUS made from the middle of 1938!
Logically in this casting he should get a Bonus with the cheat system inspired by Futurity. (2x10 stops) like this: http://retro-jackpot.fr/mills/bonus/fonctionnement
37 slots machines.... May be more ?
Mills

Postby JPCass » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:05 pm

rtmccurdy wrote:Too start, I have a completely original unrestored 5-cent Horsehead Bonus that I can reference. (I have not owned 10 or 25-cent versions). I wonder if someone had a Bursting Cherry cabinet and put on the bonus castings which would explain the lack of drill plates, side vendor cover, and award card. I have owned a few unrestored Extraordinary slots that had the gold award mechanism inside w/o gold award mech parts or reel bundle.

Just to add to the possible combinations, I have an early 1934 Mills Extraordinary with custom patched original gold award reel strips that reference the World's Fair, but the gold award glass was painted over at some point, However, the mechanism was left in place, and the award card replaced with a standard one, leaving the gold award stops essentially the same as lemons.

But someone also went to the trouble of brazing washers over the gold award slots on the payout discs. Those also appear to have also been factory, or at least expertly, modified in conjunction with the special strip configuration, with patches soldered over some of the payout holes, and others specially cut out. The discs are marked S-G-x, but I'm not sure if that's what they ended up as with the modifications, or if that's what they were before the modifications . Some day I need to compare the patched reel strips to standard gold award ones and figure out exactly what's going on.

There are a couple of pictures of the strips here, from when I originally posted about the "find" - I thought I'd posted the strip configurations at one point, and if I find them I'll add them here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3799
Restored Mills 5c Extraordinary "barn find", long gone - now restoring 1934 5c Extraordinary Gold Award with original World's Fair reel strips
Restoring early Mills 5c Firebird (large coin view window)
About to take on a Mills 5c Vest Pocket
JPCass

Previous

Return to Slots