Mills Hightop 10 Cent - Payout issue

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: Mills Hightop - Payout issue

Postby oldslotman » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:30 pm

CoinOpNick wrote:So I spent another couple hours on the machine and I think I might be more lost than before. The odd thing about this entire thing is the payout was working before or at least the few I manually set, but maybe I was just lucky. Anyway I checked the horizontal finger for the master slide and while it appears to have some wear on it to me it appears fine (see the picture). So I took out all the fingers and it appears to me the master slide finger is shorter than the others (see the picture), but again it appears angled like it should be. It is obviously shorter when installed (see picture). Anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated.

You should have six fingers.
oldslotman

Postby wallruss001 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:40 am

I had a similar issue on a Jennings. Turned out the clock was not fully resetting so no fifth click or movement on the payout slides. A little adjustment of the clock spring took care of it.
wallruss001

Postby CoinOpNick » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:45 am

Thanks guys. I guess I need to see about a replacement finger for the master slide, but again it is weird as it does not seem worn enough. I will look closely at the clock also to see if it is fully resetting, but I am getting a 5th click. Lastly, I actually do have 6 fingers, I just did not remove the one with the spring for my picture. Thanks for all the help and replies as it is great to see a forum so responsive....especially to a newbie!!!
CoinOpNick

Postby oldslotman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:34 am

CoinOpNick wrote:So I spent another couple hours on the machine and I think I might be more lost than before. The odd thing about this entire thing is the payout was working before or at least the few I manually set, but maybe I was just lucky. Anyway I checked the horizontal finger for the master slide and while it appears to have some wear on it to me it appears fine (see the picture). So I took out all the fingers and it appears to me the master slide finger is shorter than the others (see the picture), but again it appears angled like it should be. It is obviously shorter when installed (see picture). Anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated.

It the brass finger the same thickness as the other fingers? The reason I ask is that if the brass finger is thinner than the others it may be a 10 cent finger which I believe are slightly shorter.
oldslotman

Postby CoinOpNick » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:39 pm

Good point. I will check that.
CoinOpNick

Re: Mills Hightop 10 Cent - Payout issue

Postby CoinOpNick » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi oldslotman - I did check the thickness and I think they are about the same. You can see the picture and give me your thoughts. By the way it is a ten cent machine, but it does appear the brass finger is much shorter than the other which of course would explain why the master slide is not lined up with the others. As I have been told in this thread all the fingers should be the same length which they are not. What is interesting is if you look at the finger in person it does not appear to be worn down.
Attachments
Slot Finger.jpg
CoinOpNick

Postby CoinOpNick » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Another picture of the fingers from a distance:
Attachments
Slot Finger 2.jpg
CoinOpNick

Postby oldslotman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:29 pm

I have two high top machines and I did check both. One is a 5 cent and the other a 10 cent. And to my surprise both of them show the brass finger being shorter than the others. So the fingers you have for that high top appear to be correct. I stand corrected that they should all be the same length. The picture of the payout fingers that I posted earlier that showed all the fingers the same length came out of an earlier model Mills war eagle. Mills must have changed the design after that. Your fingers are correct. Sorry for posting the wrong info.
oldslotman

Postby oldslotman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 pm

My high tops looks the same as the pictures you have. Sorry about the info that they should all be the same length. It appears to be true only on the earlier Mills machines. I guess you're never to old to learn something new.
Last edited by oldslotman on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oldslotman

Postby oldslotman » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:56 pm

Here is a picture of the two different brass fingers.
IMG_0855.JPG
oldslotman

PreviousNext

Return to Slots