CAILLE CLOCK

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

CAILLE CLOCK

Postby SLOTMANDAVE » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:21 pm

I JUST PICKED UP MY FIRST CAILLE SLOT AND DON'T KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THEM, I KNOW MILLS BUT THE CAILLE LOOKS TOUGH. FIRST QUESTION HOW DO YOU REPAIR OR SET THE CLOCK? OR WHAT EVER CAILLE CALLS IT ITS LIKE A PISTION IN OIL, DO YOU FILL BOTH SIDES WITH OIL OR JUST THE FRONT? WHAT KIND OF OIL?HOW DO OU SET IT? I AM NOT SURE WHAT MODEL IT IS BUT LOOKS LIKE A DOUGHBOY WITH A ROUND JACKPOT, I THOUGHT ONCE SOMEONE CALLED IT A COMANDER?
SLOTMANDAVE

Re: CAILLE CLOCK

Postby marsonion » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:18 pm

SLOTMANDAVE wrote:I JUST PICKED UP MY FIRST CAILLE SLOT AND DON'T KNOW ANY THING ABOUT THEM, I KNOW MILLS BUT THE CAILLE LOOKS TOUGH. FIRST QUESTION HOW DO YOU REPAIR OR SET THE CLOCK? OR WHAT EVER CAILLE CALLS IT ITS LIKE A PISTION IN OIL, DO YOU FILL BOTH SIDES WITH OIL OR JUST THE FRONT? WHAT KIND OF OIL?HOW DO OU SET IT? I AM NOT SURE WHAT MODEL IT IS BUT LOOKS LIKE A DOUGHBOY WITH A ROUND JACKPOT, I THOUGHT ONCE SOMEONE CALLED IT A COMANDER?

This page ought to help you:

https://www.flipjuke.fr/regulateur-hydr ... 03436.html

The text is in French, and there is a way to get Google to "translate" it into a sort of pidgin English, but I don't remember how to do that. In any event, the pictures are mostly self-explanatory.
marsonion

Postby SLOTMANDAVE » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Hi, Thanks for the info but I can't read French, tried to read it but not making sense? Would there be any body out there in English that could help me?
Thanks Dave
SLOTMANDAVE

Postby marsonion » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:37 pm

SLOTMANDAVE wrote:Hi, Thanks for the info but I can't read French, tried to read it but not making sense? Would there be any body out there in English that could help me?
Thanks Dave

Does this screwy translation help? (FYI "Caille" is the French word for "quail" or "partridge"):

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search

Regardless, the pictures tell the whole story... what exactly is the problem you're having with this?
marsonion

Postby JHSS-1944 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:29 am

I'm not accustomed to Caille machines , specially it's clock. very interesting to see this & will need to book mark this for future use. thank you marsonion for posting this !!!
jeff H.
JHSS-1944

Postby SLOTMANDAVE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:16 pm

The problem is that the clock seems to travel fast at first , stopping the first wheel after slight movement then it lets the second and third wheel play normal but then really slows down in the payouts sequence . From the pictures I can't tell or read what adjustments there are or how to make them?

Thanks Dave
SLOTMANDAVE

Postby marsonion » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:52 pm

SLOTMANDAVE wrote:The problem is that the clock seems to travel fast at first , stopping the first wheel after slight movement then it lets the second and third wheel play normal but then really slows down in the payouts sequence . From the pictures I can't tell or read what adjustments there are or how to make them?

Thanks Dave

I've dealt with that problem several times; it's caused by low fluid in the pump. Here's what you can do about it, without completely dismantling the device:

1) Remove the three screws that secure the pump to the frame and pull the cotter pin connecting the crank arm, and remove the pump.
2) Unscrew and remove the timing screw which sticks out sideways from the pump casting.
3) With the timing screw-hole stem pointing upwards, insert a small plastic funnel into the hole.
4) Add Dot 3 brake fluid (which is a reasonably close match to the original stuff) in small amounts while turning the crank arm back and forth, until bubbles no longer rise into the funnel. Fill it up all the way, until fluid backs up in the funnel instead of all draining into the pump as you push the crank back and forth.
5) Replace the timing screw, and try pushing the crank arm back and forth-- it should offer much greater resistance in one direction than the other.
6) Replace the pump into the slot machine. Turning the timing screw clockwise should slow down or even stop the cycling of the slot machine, while turning it counter-clockwise even a little can speed the cycle greatly. That is your only adjustment option.

Hope this helps.
marsonion

Postby SLOTMANDAVE » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Thanks, I can't wait to try that sounds like the info I need.

Thanks Again, Dave
SLOTMANDAVE

Return to Slots