Bally Double Bell

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Bally Double Bell

Postby terri3 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:26 pm

I'm looking for a back door for a Bally Double Bell and an escalator tape for the left hand side escalator. Appreciate if anyone can help. Please respond here or call me at 703-960-8940. Thanks, Bob
terri3

Re: Bally Double Bell

Postby drsmlojo1 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:19 pm

These 1938 Bally Double Bells are terrific collectible machines. However they had one very serious flaw. The escalator bands are almost ALWAYS broken, badly worn, or about to break. I recall seeing them selling for as much as $700 for a pair of old ones that could still be used for a little while until they also would ultimately break!! That's why several years ago I decided to manufacture my own for me and fellow collectors. These are constructed of heavy duty stainless steel, much stronger than the original ones, and are precisely machined and sized to fit. You should always have these available at least as spares since these bands are such an integral part of this slot machine's operation. Priced at $300 for a pair or $175 each. The coin denomination isn't important either as these fit either nickel or quarter coin denominations. Right and left also doesn't matter. I have only a limited number available as I only made up a few sets. I owned 4 of these Bally Double Bells at one time and one of the first things I did was to replace the old bands in all of these with my new ones. I never had any of my newer ones break!! Let me know if you're interested. My cell phone is (909) 630-3450. Steve L.
drsmlojo1

Re: Bally Double Bell

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Glad someone has these.

I no longer own a Double Bell but I was always paranoid of those bands breaking.
Dave
Site Admin

Return to Slots