Newbie Help Please

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Newbie Help Please

Postby Ciaran07 » Thu May 04, 2017 1:44 pm

Hello I've owned a mills slot machine since I was about 8 years old my grandparents used to own it it and as I child I got hooked and one day said I could take it home
Recently I found it in my parents shed starting to rot away so I gave it a oily rag revamp it worked fine bar few springs missing so sorted them and re-sprayed the cover as the spray job from the 60's was peeling off
I've managed to knock up a couple of temporary reels as two were beyond repair so all the numbers tally up with payouts
Mine is running on 5p ATM so the payouts are slightly different

I've recently found out it maybe a qt model could anyone please give me more info :D

Is there anyone who makes new reels and payout charts by any chance
Attachments
image.jpg
Ciaran07

Re: Newbie Help Please

Postby Ciaran07 » Thu May 04, 2017 3:04 pm

Also which parts do I put oil on and Vaseline
Hope someone can help
Kind regards
Ciaran
Ciaran07

Postby mechanic » Thu May 04, 2017 5:24 pm

This is called the Chevron QT. It is the most common of all the QT models.
mechanic

Postby TheFatman » Thu May 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Yes Chevron is the model ... If the locks are in place and working.... dont change them or replace. Those locks can be valued at 100 or more being original. If you have a question.. please PM me and I will try to help.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri May 05, 2017 1:36 am

Ciaran07:
Welcome to our Forum.
Being as you are a Newbie with Slots, I am not sure what you may have heard or read, but when
it comes to oiling and lubing the mechanism parts, there is one thing to keep in mind. DO NOT,
by any means, oil or lube the payout slides. You will have more problems than you reckoned for,
down the road. They are to be 'Bone Dry'.
Also, you didn't list your location, when you signed up, so let us all assume that you are not in
the U.S., and reside offshore, being as your machine operates on a 5d coin, and has numbered
reel strips & award card, which are usually found on export models. If you wish to replace the
strips & card, they are available in fruit symbols only. No one has done the numbers that I am
aware of. If you are going to strip the front casting, and paint it one of the original Mills colors,
I can post some pix for you to choose from.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Ciaran07 » Fri May 05, 2017 6:02 am

Some pictures would be lovely I do wish to make it look right when the previous finish was removed I could see the original underneath
Blue with stainless and red highlights I think
The case has been welded at some point so would be interested in a new one do they ever come up for sale and what sort of price are they
I would be more than happy to change the reels to fruits and new payout charts seeing as mine are worn out
But where can I buy them and are they expensive
As you mentioned I am from the uk
The payout amounts are lower with English 5p 2-2-2-3-6-10
The payouts are correct with English 1p. 2-2-2-4-8-12

But the loading of a 5p is smoother no clogging up but I could get 1p to work it did many years ago
I learned the hard way with the oil I did spray the payout slides and it was paying out every time 2 coins so wiped it totally clean and now operating correctly

When the red lever is in up position the jackpot wont payout

When both red and yellow lever are closer in lower position it works but opens one side then next time opens the other side and so forth

Thank you for all your help
Regards
Ciaran
Ciaran07

Postby Rick-okc » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:03 pm

Ciaran,

There is a manual for working on Mills QT machines.
It's the "Owner’s Complete Guide to the Mills Q.T. Slot Machine"
Do a search for it. It should show up.
It will tell you just about anything you need to know to work on the mechanism.
Also, it gives you a brief break down of all the different QT models.

Rick
Rick-okc

Return to Slots