Mills high top, make offer or pass ?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Re: Mills high top, make offer or pass ?

Postby Junk-Attic » Tue May 30, 2017 1:18 am

JHSS-1944, exactly as You say things are over priced and Steve being a businessman was so smart to buy all the parts from the late Tom Krahl....

So for the moment there is Dave Berten that still uses fair prices and good service and I think from the day Dave stops....
Steve Squires will buy it all and raise the over priced stuff another time :-D :-D

He really thinks he's the only one left in the world with antique slot machine parts and carries the prices that way.

Another business strategy from Steve could be: Raise Your price so high that You don't get buried with "cheap customer demands" and only get the Rich & Wealthy people at your doorstep!!
You want it, You pay for it....if not, bye bye :D
Junk-Attic

Postby JHSS-1944 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:59 am

I think Steve would go first ,then Dave (just looking at the ages).
yes ,I saw all the photos after the fact ,when Tom's stuff went up for sale. a Fair amount of people still have large piles of parts hidden away.... maybe not huge but, still.
then again, no one seems for sure what Steve actually has. way to many complaints of never having items shown on the site, price changing over the phone ,ect.
and these days ,really seems to be far less collectors of these machines, hence should be less demand.
JHSS-1944

Postby Junk-Attic » Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 am

Jeff, you are wright about the ages and if I remember Corrie is even older than Squires.
Don't think kids will follow up ... maybe end off story who knows...

Yepp, there are piles hidden away for sure, even complete collections off machines.
Every now and then stuff comes up for sale here or on ebay, just look at American Pickers (I know it is a TV show...) and what places they go into and the stuff that they come around....

But let us be honest I guess we all love to find those particular hidden treasures don't we :-D :-D

My youngest, only 24 years old now started restorations and collecting so don't worry when ages pass out, theres another generation that loves our machines, gladly :D
Junk-Attic

Postby mechanic » Tue May 30, 2017 12:07 pm

I know that this machine has been butchered at some point after Steve finished it. I never seen a piece of crap come out of the workshop when I was there. The back door would have surely been on it. Recent prices on back doors can run $80-$125 depending on the door and locks are just as bad $100+. So you will have between $175 - $250 into replacing just the 2 items. Pass on this machine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mechanic

Postby Anglobritish » Tue May 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Hi Guy's,
All I can say is Run, Run, Run. The model is a 1949-50 model, wrong reel strips, wrong award card, after 1948 Mills machines were using a single cherry payout, also they stopped putting the gold leaf scrolls on the cabinet in the 1930's, value to a dealer $350-400.00
Anglobritish

Postby rosekiller454356 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Most definitely you should pass on this slot.
rosekiller454356

Previous

Return to Slots