Mills Castle Gold Award

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Castle Gold Award

Postby jsin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:19 am

Hello,

Local machine ( 15 min drive ) . eBay listed $ 900. I broke the ice and spoke with seller. Told him his asking price was not in line with condition. I wouldn't mind picking it up at a value that reflects it's condition , possibly for parts. What's a fair value ? As aways, any input and response is greatly appreciated. Have a wonderful day.

Jay
jsin

Re: Mills Castle Gold Award

Postby oldslotman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:24 pm

Why would just buy it for parts. That looks like a good machine to redo. Anymore it seems like machines are worth what someone is willing to pay for it. There is no real guide for slot machine prices. Try to buy for what you think it is worth. Hard to price a machine without seeing it in person. It appears to have a replacement wooden base but the rest looks pretty good.
oldslotman

Postby jsin » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Thank you for the response. I probably shouldn't have used the word parts. It very well may be a candidate for restoration. I was just unsure if mechanism was original. I didn't see any gold award on reel strips.( Maybe just replaced ) Also isn't the reel bundle different on a gold award, a slot in the disk ? Not sure I could be wrong. Being close by I'm going to hopefully set something up to check it out.
jsin

Postby Imyourcaptain » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:08 pm

It’s possible that the photos are not showing the gold award or the notch on the reel discs. Seems to be pretty complete

This is a great machine for someone that loves to restore them as a hobby. Oldslot man is right. It’s worth what you’re willing to pay and the person is willing to take.

Randy
Imyourcaptain

Postby oldslotman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:03 pm

It appears that it did have the gold award in it at one time. The current mech does not seem to have the gold award feature. Not all castle front had the gold award so you could redo it without the gold award feature and still be a very nice machine.
oldslotman

Postby goodguy9 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 am

Ii fascinates me everytime someone values a machine with no knowledge,
15 miutes away, did you play the machine at all, if it works, paysoff
is playable as is-- it will be fun. If its your firstone at 900
orless remember ALWAYS BUY SOMETHING YOU LOVE,
AND YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH YOUR PURCHASE. (This goes for
your first wife also) MAKE SURE IT WORKS.and enloy it.
goodguy9

Return to Slots