Need a verification, another Golden Nugget junker

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Need a verification, another Golden Nugget junker

Postby dr2ww62 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:52 am

I got the impression reading through the site and relevant posts that these questions are everyone's least favorite so I apologize in advance. I've gathered that Golden Nuggets are guaranteed to be a reproduction. This is another one of those "I found it in my deceased step-dad's house" slots. I cannot for the life of my find anything about it tho or even find any pictures that look like it. Which tells me that it's probably not even a crappy reproduction... it's probably just a joke, right? I know nothing about slots. Just trying to work my way through all this stuff and thinking this slot will just be a decoration in my tiki bar for fun cuz why not. But because I'm a collector at heart there is that part of me that needs the absolute confirmation that this is just the world's shittiest knock-off. It seems to work but I'm sure it could use a strip-down and cleanup. I kept reading things like "they have formica backs, not solid wood" and "wider coin tray" but then this thing doesn't even seem to have an escalator if I'm understanding what that is? No clue, obviously. Even the sticker on the side seems like a joke... because it doesn't actually say "this is an authentic Bell", it just says "authentic Bells have a trademark that looks like this" basically.... right? Lol, thanks for any help! Sorry I'm so clueless! :D
Attachments
IMG_20180613_193848.jpg
IMG_20180613_193947.jpg
IMG_20180613_193959.jpg
IMG_20180613_193930.jpg
dr2ww62

Re: Need a verification, another Golden Nugget junker

Postby sam2002 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:50 am

You have an original golden nugget . Its most likely from the 60’s .
I have one very similar to yours . These M head golden nuggets came in red like yours and also came in blue . It’s not one of the machines collectors go crazy for but it should be a fun machine to keep around as an all out player .
Check these 2 links out for a bit more info on your machine .

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6463

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4693
sam2002

Re: Need a verification, another Golden Nugget junker

Postby dr2ww62 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Thanks for info! Good to know!
dr2ww62

Return to Slots