Slot machine stand

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Slot machine stand

Postby 1949 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:02 pm

I have a question I`m sure someone on here can answer. I found a stand for my slot machine but I could not figure out how the part that holds the slot machine in place comes loose to take machine off. I sent the picture of it. I found there is no door to get into it and the only thing I could think of was the hole that I thought was from a missing lock is where a tool goes or something. I tried to fish back in there with a screwdriver but I could not feel anything and I didn't have any other tools with me. Also what does one of these stands usually go for? The reason I ask is the women that has it wants to sell the slot machine and stand together and I got her down to $300.00 The slot machine is not great, the case is cracked & someone tried to weld it so it`s junk.(Picture) I got the machine to work after awhile but it runs through really slow. (Maybe in bad need of cleaning?) It`s also missing the cash box but on the good side it does have the original back door, lock, matching key. It also has the original coin box cover lock & key. I do need the back door if it fits an old poinsettia slot and if nothing else I can part the rest out. So It sounds pretty good if the stand is worth something half way descent. Thanks!
Attachments
7386.jpeg.jpg
7385.jpeg.jpg
IMG_0266.jpg

Re: Slot machine stand

Postby Aristomatic » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Just buy it
Aristomatic

Postby MONTI » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:17 am

GO GET THAT PUPPY! LOL
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby 1949 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:06 am

Thanks! I`ll go get it but I still need to know how to unclamp the machine off of the stand so I can carry it up a flight of stairs.

Postby radiorich123 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:58 am

HI

Remove the back panel from the stand and the bottom of the slot was screw to the stand.

Rich
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby MONTI » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:01 am

1949!
Not sure on your metal stand but the Original Mill's Metal Slot Stands had the Mill's lock in the middle as shown in the picture below with a hole on both the left and the right side that an Allen wrench would go into to tighten and to firmly grasp the slot machine cabinet base in the metal stand and additionally on location in them thar old days the route operator would place a sand bag or two in the base of the metal stand to keep someone from walking away with the slot machine! :lol:
Ciao!
MONTI

MILL's METAL Slot Stand.JPG
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP

MONTI

Postby oldslotman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:26 am

Long screw driver in the hole where the lock was. Turn screw and pull out and then rotate. That style stand was used by Jennings
IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG
oldslotman

Postby MONTI » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:48 am

oldslotman!
Never saw a Jenning's metal stand in 35 Plus years but now Thanks to you I can say I have!
Thanks for posting, from one old slot man to another!
Ciao!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP

MONTI

Postby 1949 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:39 am

Rich, This cabinet does not have a panel. Monti, The cabinet is not like the one in your picture. OldSlotMan, You hit the nail on the head. The only thing I can`t figure out is there like a flat head screw in the hole or is it more like a screw shaft you have to turn? ...Thanks to everyone for your inputs!

Postby wallruss001 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:00 am

IMG_0678.jpg
IMG_0677.jpg
IMG_0676.jpg
IMG_0675.jpg
I have my Jennings stand pictures, hopefully they help. A flathead screw slot is behind the lock hole, when turned the threaded rod moves to the opposite site (front) of the cabinet allowing the steel rod attached to the rear locking portion of the cabinet to move backward, allowing removal of the machine. Mine was rusted but is now working smoothly, getting ready for cleaning and painting.
wallruss001

Next

Return to Slots