Please help identifying this machine

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Please help identifying this machine

Postby fgurnee » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:33 pm

My kids ran across this and asked if I wanted it. It needs some work apparently. All I know is this picture. I assume I can fix this (I just did my Mills Hi-Top and had a blast). Is it worth my traveling to procure it? Thanks for your help.
Attachments
slot.jpg
fgurnee

Re: Please help identifying this machine

Postby radiorich123 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:36 pm

I fix these and you can if it dont have a electronic circuit board in it. The older slots are a lot like the mechanical pinball machines.Good luck the machines are over 200 lbs.
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby shortrackskater » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Please post a picture of it with the door opened. Look for a tag on the right lower side that should say a model number like "1114-XX" or something like that, hopefully.
If you don't see circuit boards on the left, it's a Bally Electro-mechanical machine. Those are fairly easy to fix. They have lots of wiring, switches, relays to check. In many cases, if they've just sat for years, simply playing them can "fix" some issues since they have some self lubricating parts.
Unless there's a slot tech in your city, I wouldn't recommend shipping to someone to fix unless you can spare a small fortune to crate and ship it.
These show up in California all the time and are usually in the $300 range depending on whether they work. I bought one for $50 and had it working in one hour.
If you do see circuit boards, I'd stay away from it.
shortrackskater

Postby fgurnee » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:23 am

Thanks for the info. I don't have it in hand yet. The price is right: $0. I'm much better with electronics and electrical stuff than the mechanical I slogged through with the Mills Hi-Top. Apparently I am going to have to have my son-in-law do the lifting.
fgurnee

Postby shortrackskater » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:47 am

That's a great price! :D
Yes those are heavy and I'd recommend bolting it down to the cabinet when you get it home as well. They really aren't too hard to work on. Sometimes it's just a matter of cleaning up contacts and checking fuses, wiring breaks, etc. One thing is - don't even lightly file any contacts... they're designed to make contact "peak to peak" and any abrasive stuff will indeed clean contacts but change the actual point of contact, causing LESS contact! I bought a "broken" EM machine and it ended up being a broken wire. After playing it multiple times, it fixed itself by the repeated cycling and self-cleaning contacts.
shortrackskater

Return to Slots