Mechanics of tripping jackpot

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mechanics of tripping jackpot

Postby Shane » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:59 pm

Need help understanding how the jackpot is tripped on my 5 cent bursting cherry.

I've attached a picture of the slides with the jackpot stud. When I cycle a jackpot I can see the jackpot stud slide toward the back of the machine - away from the jackpot trip lever. How does the stud trip the jackpot?

I also have a half dollar Black Cherry which has a different jackpot mech - I think because of the size of the half dollars there is only room for a regular jackpot but no reserve jackpot. It has a lever that rides above the smaller jackpot stud. When the stud moves toward the back it lifts this lever which trips the jackpot. My bursting cherry does not have this additional lever and from what I can tell was not designed to have it.

Is it, in fact, missing this lever, or is there another way that the jackpot is tripped?

Thanks,

Shane
Attachments
Jackpot stud.JPG
Shane

Re: Mechanics of tripping jackpot

Postby mechanic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:29 pm

Some later styles did not have that finger trip. The j/p unit should have a trip lever that looks like a U shape or one that has a flat finger coming out. Depending on which lever is on the j/p is going to tell you what should be on the slide cover or not.
mechanic

Postby Shane » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:45 pm

It has the U-shaped trip lever. So when the mech is installed does the jackpot stud rest behind that trip lever (between the lever and the front casting)?
Shane

Postby mechanic » Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:12 pm

The pin should rest behind the U shaped lever and when the slide is pulled back it lifts the U bracket to release the j/p. The other style has a trip finger on the slide cover that lifts the finger to hit the flat bar and tripping the j/p. Yours does not have the other style so no trip finger is needed on your slide cover.
mechanic

Return to Slots