Mills "LionHead" Payout Problem

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills "LionHead" Payout Problem

Postby glblanks » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:47 pm

Hello
I'm new here and have a vintage 1931/2 Mills Lionhead five cent slot that was working fine, then just stopped paying out.
I've looked carefully to see if something was broken, or lose, but not seen a thing. It appears to be a jam in the coin slides just above the payout hole on the bottom right under the arm.
Could not figure out a way to unjam it and no videos on the internet on that area of the slot.
Any ideas for me?
I'm fairly good at mechanical things, just lost on where to go next on the slot.
Thanks
Larry just South of Atlanta, GA airport.
glblanks

Re: Mills "LionHead" Payout Problem

Postby jmisatu » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:09 pm

I don't know that much about the function of all the problems that could arise but I am guessing that a coin which turned sideways in the coin tube has made it down to the payout slides and stopped further coins from ejecting. I would remove the mech and empty the coin tube. Turning the mech over and what falls out should be all but the jammed coin. Experiment from there to remove it. I don't know any other way I would approach this but at least try this to see if it works. Good luck.
jmisatu

Postby glblanks » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks for the response...
Yes, I've already emptied the coin tube and made sure nothing was turned wrong..
Larry
glblanks

Postby glblanks » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:33 am

Bottom view of payout opening. Coins are now in the coin tube, but when I empty tube, the coin is not visable. No idea where the jam (if there is a jam) might be.
Attachments
Slot Payout.JPG
glblanks

Postby mechanic » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:46 am

It may not be a jam. It may be the no pay on check system is locking out the pay slides. Easy to tell just look at the upper fingers when a win is hit. If the fingers do not go into the pay disk then it means the no pay system is engaged. I will post a pic of the unit later. If there is a jam and it looks clear then it may be a coin is between slides which sometimes you can not see. To fix it you would need to remove the coin tube and cover, then tip the mech so that the slides are tilted forward then lift each slide a bit making sure the slides don't spring back and see if the coin appears in the front of the slides. Thats a couple things to check, but there may be more.
mechanic

Postby glblanks » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:12 am

Great info and thanks. I'll do that and post the results. Got to figure out how to remove the coin tube first.
glblanks

Return to Slots