What is it?

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

What is it?

Postby Amazed99 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:50 pm

I would appreciate it if someone could help me identify this machine. Any ideas on what it might be worth would also be appreciated. At this time it is the only picture I have. I am trying to get more. I appreciate your help.
slot.png
Amazed99

Re: What is it?

Postby ADIDASLOTS » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:14 pm

I believe this is a Caille Commander from the 1930's.

Does it work properly, all original parts there, keys, back door, cash box? If answer yes to all I would say $800-$1200
ADIDASLOTS

Postby tsparts4u » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:20 pm

I think that it is a Caille Dough Boy. Also, if you notice.....I wouldn't say it's LIKE NEW. Look at the coins that are backed up in the escalator. It isn't working correctly. But I guess that for the asking price of (I believe) $400, maybe it's worth it.
tsparts4u

Postby marsonion » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:01 pm

Amazed99 wrote:I would appreciate it if someone could help me identify this machine. Any ideas on what it might be worth would also be appreciated. At this time it is the only picture I have. I am trying to get more. I appreciate your help.

That is definitely a Caille Dough Boy, circa 1935. Positives are, this model is unusual to find in 25c denomination and with the complete piping trim intact (the rectangular trim around the JP is usually the first to go) and it appears to come with a healthy supply of quarters inside a likely functional jackpot and reserve; the reel strips and paper look OK. Negatives: escalator is malfunctioning (as noted by previous poster) but that's often the result of the pump fluid running low; the trim is dented, and the cabinet wood and front casting has been painted over with a brush as if it was a backyard shed. No internal pictures and we don't even know if it has a back door, back lip, cash box, etc. If it's truly complete and you took the time and expense to repair, strip, repaint, refinish and detail the item, it might fetch somewhere around $600.00 to $800.00, maybe more if you talked-up the quarter play.
marsonion

Return to Slots