Mills bursting cherry reels spin really slow

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills bursting cherry reels spin really slow

Postby bigg-o » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:46 pm

I inherited a Mills Bursting Cherry from my father and we have been having it since 1977. Years ago I think a spring broke or was lost and now when you
cycle the machine the reels spins really slow if at all. I have another slot (reproduction Golden Nugget) and I put them side by side a I cant seem to tell when the problem is. They are not exactly the same but similar.

I repair arcade and pinball but this is my first attempt at a slot. I am not sure what makes the reels spin. Sure it is spring loaded. Any advice will be appreciated

Bigg-o
bigg-o

Re: Mills bursting cherry reels spin really slow

Postby ADIDASLOTS » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:02 pm

Welcome Bigg-o!

Your problem is way to vague, might just need and in all likelihood a good cleaning. It's possible there are worn out springs or missing but only way for us to assist you might be to post photos/videos of the mech.

Do you know how to cycle the mech out of the case?

Also getting your hands on a owners guide is another great place to start.
ADIDASLOTS

fixed - Need part - Mills bursting cherry reels spin really

Postby bigg-o » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:12 pm

Right after I posted the problem I found the problem. I had a spring missing that connected near the reel brakes and going down to another bar.

I put a temp spring on and it works. Where is a good resource to find the missing spring?

Thanks
Bigg-o
bigg-o

Postby ADIDASLOTS » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Dave Berten
Mrslot1@aol.com

He’s going to need to know exact spring you need. I’m guessing it’s the reel kicker spring.
ADIDASLOTS

Re: fixed - Need part - Mills bursting cherry reels spin rea

Postby MONTI » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:38 pm

bigg-o wrote:Right after I posted the problem I found the problem. I had a spring missing that connected near the reel brakes and going down to another bar.

I put a temp spring on and it works. Where is a good resource to find the missing spring?

Thanks
Bigg-o

Dave Berten is the guy for springs, Bernie, his father started out in slot parts about 40 years ago just doing springs and spring sets for vintage slot machines and after Bernie's passing Dave, his son, took over the business, he can be contacted at mrslot1@aol.com, Great Guy!
He also has other parts besides springs, give him a shout out!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby bigg-o » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:20 pm

I will get in touch with him

Thanks
bigg-o

Return to Slots