Mills Lions Head Reel Kicker HELP!

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills Lions Head Reel Kicker HELP!

Postby bigmac9128 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:51 pm

20190603_152736.jpg
20190603_152751.jpg
Hello all - I am cleaning up a Mills Lions Head machine and I have hit a snag. The reel kicker seems to be very worn and needs repair. I am having trouble finding a picture to even determine what it is supposed to look like. As you can see, it is very worn. The rivit suggests that perhaps there is supposed to be an attached pad some other plate but I can't find any info If anyone could snap a picture of what it is supposed to look like that would be great. I can fabricate something that will work.
bigmac9128

Re: Mills Lions Head Reel Kicker HELP!

Postby radiorich123 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:24 pm

HI

You have to weld a plate into it where the rivet is extended make it a little longer and you can always shorten it if needed. Best to replace it for best results. Good luck

Rich
REPAIRS ANTIQUE RADIOS AND COIN OPERATED MACHINES EMAIL
radiorich123@yahoo.com
WEB SIGHT www.technician.50megs.com
radiorich123

Postby MONTI » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:50 am

I agree with radiorich as stated above!
The kicker foot is badly worn from an excessive amount of rubbing on the reel discs!
In the photos below showing a reel kick assembly in high resolution is an original kicker foot showing normal wear over the years but is still completely functional and in operational condition!
The photos being high resolution and from three different angles can be zoomed in on after selecting view image and enlarging to see the area of discussion!
Also after replacing the foot you should make sure that the mech timing is correct to prevent it from rubbing abnormally on the reel discs!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

PS
Also from further inspection of your photos one of the kicker foot plates is missing where the rivet is extended!
I hope this helps!

Reel Kick1.jpg

Reel Kick2.jpg

Reel Kick3.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby bigmac9128 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:54 am

Thanks for taking the time guys. That is exactly what I needed! I realy appreciated it.
bigmac9128

Return to Slots