Unfamiliar jackpot front

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Unfamiliar jackpot front

Postby nvmos2 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:46 pm

JennGAfront1.jpg
Jennings revamp

There is an interesting machine for sale on feebay;
a Jennings revamp; can anyone identify who made this jack pot front?
nvmos2

Re: Unfamiliar jackpot front

Postby nvmos2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:53 pm

I really like the old revamp machines, but I think this one is a bogus Gold Award JP front.
Here’s why;
According to Bueschel, the GA feature was not introduced until later with the Roman Head, after the JP revamps were no longer needed.
The GA mechanism looks to me to be a Mills mechanism cut down to fit.
The bottom lip of the front casting has been broken off to accommodate the GA coin chute.
The GA tokens in the dummy windows are Mills tokens used in their later model machines (this could be excused if the original tokens were lost, if there ever were any).
The GA symbols on the front cast award card are simply paper stickers over the cast-in awards.

The seller does not know who restored this machine and got it from another "collector” as-is.
IMO, the “restorer” took a Jennings revamp and went to elaborate efforts to add a fantasy GA feature. The front casting does not have any part numbers and looks like it may also be recast entirely.

JennGAfront2.jpg

JennGA10.jpg

JennGA11.jpg
nvmos2

Postby mechanic » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:29 pm

This is a put together machine, not a revamp. The lower casting is not original as you can see the slag marks on the back. The award vendor is a Mills cut down to fit. But mostly all the nuts on the inside of the cabinet are hex nuts. Jennings and Mills like the rest used square nuts for all their machines. Too many red flags, unless you want to go bull fighting !!!!!!
mechanic

Postby nvmos2 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:31 pm

Yes; as I stated, I think it’s clear; this is a bogus GA JP Front. I was not focused on all the poor restoration work, I simply put the term “restorer” in quotes. The question remains; who made the Triple Jackpot revamp Front? It’s a fantasy GA front, but it may have been recast from a legit Triple JP revamp front. Maybe with gum balls in the lower windows. If so, it should have shown up on other machines, but I have not seen it before. Seems like a lot of bogus slots come out of CA.

I just noticed there is a "Revamp" section under Slots here; I should have started this thread up there; sorry.
nvmos2

Return to Slots