I.D. of Jennings Slot

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

I.D. of Jennings Slot

Postby mbricker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:58 am

I picked up these two slots not too long ago from the same estate, both with side vendors! There is a lot of information regarding the "Mints of Quality" machine, but I couldn't find much information about the machine on the right. Can anyone tell me about this specific model? I assume it's earlier than the other.

Thanks - Mike
Attachments
2JenningsMachines9.jpg
2JenningsMachines8.jpg
2JenningsMachines3.jpg
2JenningsSlots2.jpg
2JenningsMachines1.jpg
mbricker

Re: I.D. of Jennings Slot

Postby mbricker » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:56 pm

Okay, never mind. I may have found it in Bueschel's Jennings book. I assume it is an Automatic Counter Gum Vendor from either 1920 or 1922, right? Didn't realize that there were gum vendors versus mint vendors.
Is this an uncommon machine?

Thanks - Mike
Attachments
Automatic Counter Gum Vendor 2.jpg
Automatic Countrt Gum Vendor.jpg
mbricker

Re: I.D. of Jennings Slot

Postby nvmos2 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:47 pm

A good completely descriptive name for your wood front machine would be: Jennings Automatic Counter Gum Vender Wood Front with Future Pay.
It says right on front award plate that it vends a pack of gum.

Bueschel has covered both these machines very well, just not all in one place.
You might find it hard to find a photo of the Wood Front in your gum specific version, but Fey has it pictured in Slot Machines, 5th ed, page 161. He dates it to 1918, but that one's a mint vender.
nvmos2

Return to Slots