Unusual War Eagle listing

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Unusual War Eagle listing

Postby Marcellous » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:22 pm

There is currently a 25 cent War Eagle listed on eBay with the usage "Antique" in the listing. I am unfamiliar with a machine like this. The seller is very shrewd with close-up images not showing even the handle. I am not an expert like all of you that post but some of the images look like the slot is original. The coin cup looks old. The award card amounts is very odd, as well as the reel strips. It has a lot of watchers but I think it is because they are very knowledgeable and are curious to see if it will sell. Would appreciate your thoughts. Seller is starting it out very reasonable, which makes me think it is indeed a repro.
Marcellous

Re: Unusual War Eagle listing

Postby mechanic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:18 pm

Part of it may be original but from what i see the back bonnet is a repro and does not fit right. The back door is the wrong style or a repro and it has a new style lock not the original. Both upper and lower castings have grainy areas which suggest that they are sand castings and that makes them repros also. Not seeing the mech I would assume that it is original but until you see it figure it's not.
mechanic

Return to Slots