Mills 5c uncommon revamp

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

Mills 5c uncommon revamp

Postby atac » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:55 am

Hi, came across this one today. A revamp front I've never seen. Anybody here know who made it?
Attachments
mills 5c revamp.jpeg
atac

Re: Mills 5c uncommon revamp

Postby MONTI » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 am

When Caille came out with the first Front Jackpot in late 1928 as written on in Marshall Fey's book and other books and other manufacturers followed suit in 1929 there were many companies that seized the opportunity to "Revamp" the older slots, before 1929, with front jackpot lower castings, so many that there are too many to list, some lasted for a while and became prominent in the industry while others were short lived just taking advantage of the change over so research on this particular lower casting revamp design would be interesting to follow!
Are there any casting marks on the inside as some, but not all companies would identify their castings in this way!
Personally I have seen it before but cannot at this time remember which company did it, does anyone out there know!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby atac » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:14 am

Thanks Monti. When you speak, we listen! I'm supposed to get it later today--will let you know if I find any more clues.
atac

Postby nvmos2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:40 am

I THNK it is one of the Wilson fronts.
nvmos2

Return to Slots