MILLS ROMAN HEAD SLOT MACHINE

This area is to discuss slot machines. A slot machine is defined as a machine that pays the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

MILLS ROMAN HEAD SLOT MACHINE

Postby Marcellous » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Hi, Guys! Happy New Year! Because I am sort of a novice when it comes to outright fakes, I have a question about a very beautiful "restored" Roman Head slot on eBay. It has been listed for a long time and does have a serial number stamped in the right place. It has many watchers but again, it has been listed for a long time. There must be something holding it back. I would like to know for future experience why it hasn't sold. It is pricey but it being so beautifully restored and looking at the inside, it looks completely redone, which makes me think it is not fully original. Would appreciate you knowledgeable guys thoughts. Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Mills- ... SwpBpc9a-E
Marcellous

Re: MILLS ROMAN HEAD SLOT MACHINE

Postby YourBestBet » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:02 pm

In my opinion, it's because it's price is out of this world. It doesn't help it's been over-restored with an incorrect color scheme or that it's the most common coin denomination.
YourBestBet

Postby Shane » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:45 pm

I'm not an expert, but in the couple of years I've been in the hobby it seems that most machines found on eBay are priced well above market - sometimes 2X or more.

Best,

Shane
Shane

Postby Marcellous » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:19 am

Also, very dangerous to buy on eBay. This Roman Head has been listed since Christ walked on water and has a lot of watchers. They are not buying but purely curious to see if someone will be fool enough to buy it being way over restored and at that price. Clearly not a good investment. Also, seller says nothing about if it even works--just who restored it.
Marcellous

Return to Slots