The target

This area is to discuss trade stimulators. A trade stimulator is defined as a machine that does NOT pay the customer something of value (coin, token, etc.) when a winning combination is hit.

This area created on 2/7/17

The target

Postby miraclesanitation » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:51 pm

Hello

Would anyone be able to tell me if a 1920's Jennings ,,"the target ," ever been reproduced? There is one up for sale in my neck of the woods and the casting appear way to clean to be almost a hundred years old

Thanks

Darrell
miraclesanitation

Re: The target

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi Darrell:
Although Trade Stimulators, are one of the items that I specialize in, and have done much research with, there is always
a chance that something has been done that I don't know about. There have been a few Mills "Target Practice" repros done
in the past, but I am not aware of any Jennings "The Target" repros. There is a chance that the one you are looking at is a
really clean original, as I see more of these in nice shape, than the Mills. One thing to check first, is take out the coin box,
and look to see if there is a paper glued on the inside wall, or floor of the case. If so, give me that number. If the paper
has come off with age, you will still see a brown area where it was once glued. If the machine looks too good, like you say,
it may have been restored at one time, and they may have bead-blasted the castings. Therefore you may not see where the
sticker was. The coin box is another hint. It should look original. As they have not been reproduced.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Return to Trade Stimulators