Uprights

This is the area to post your questions around uprights.

Uprights

Postby firefite » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:09 am

Hi I'm a newbie here but not to slots, I started Collecting trade stimulaters in the late 70's and moved on to slots when A friend brought up from Atlanta 400 slots of all kinds, My job was "just get them running, and you can get the barrows of extra parts". So I did so, I got a good reputations and soon dealers from NY Bernie Gold, Ira Warren etc. and Chicago I use to restore uprights ie Duey's Caille's and Bull frog's Etc. The deal was You bring me two, and I'll restore one and keep the test of the other machines. I quit and sold the parts to Mike Gorski, died, I also sold the 12 uprights That I accumulated and just kept the one original Musical Due and gave it to my son. the reason was I could see the top coming, in the early 90's. I'm glad I did. Now they are more reasonable, glad I did keep the one but it went from a $20,000 machine to a $10 to $12,000 machine. Oh, by the way I use to buy the uprights I was talking abut I paid on average $400.00 each, the musical I paid $500.00.
I'm restoring a diamond front for my son, which is why I'm looking for reel strips. I really have nothing in parts, I'm Just offering my many years of expertise........ If i can remember. Just let me know if you have any questions, Oh I now collect steam engines, I have over 300. Thanks Dave
firefite

Re: Uprights

Postby damikeguy » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:49 am

If your looking for reel strips contact Rick Frink.
https://sites.google.com/view/reelstrips/
Mike
damikeguy

Re: Uprights

Postby firefite » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:57 am

Thanks Mike. Dave
firefite

Return to Uprights