Wanted: Rock-Ola Black Magic Dice Machine

Looking for a particular machine? Ask for it here!

Re: Wanted: Rock-Ola Black Magic Dice Machine

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:40 am

Bill:

Thanks for the information.

The video I did is currently uploading to YT. I will post a link when it completes.

I am surprised that there are 6 known. Since you have seen most of the others, any chance this is one of those you have previously seen?

It looks like this is one of those machines that once it gets in a collection, it ain't coming out until the entire collection sells.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Dave
Site Admin

Postby OneArmBandito » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:59 am

Congrats, and thanks for making such interesting and detailed videos.

Best,
J
OneArmBandito

Postby SLOT DYNASTY » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:32 pm

Dave wrote:Bill:

Thanks for the information.

The video I did is currently uploading to YT. I will post a link when it completes.

I am surprised that there are 6 known. Since you have seen most of the others, any chance this is one of those you have previously seen?

It looks like this is one of those machines that once it gets in a collection, it ain't coming out until the entire collection sells.

Hi Dave:
If yours is one of the others I have seen, it would only be the one that I don't have pics of, and remember it's condition. I doubt it is,
because yours is in the 'best original condition' of any. I haven't restored mine as yet, and it is missing about 1/16 of it's original paint.
The others are rough, and one that was worked on by Joel Gilgoff, at "Games" in L.A., many years ago, and was most likely the one that
made the brief appearance at the 'Fun Fair'. The light yellow repaint from my collector friend back east, that I mentioned earlier. There
is also one that Jeff Frahm restored for a collector last year, which was one of the earlier rough ones. I'm not positive where all the others
are at now. Also not sure how many are actually working.
Bill
SLOT DYNASTY

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:14 pm

If yours is only missing 1/16 of the original paint I wouldn't think it would or should be restored.

Perhaps you were talking about the inside the machine. What is the condition of your on the inside? Was it converted to run on 110?

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:15 pm

OneArmBandito wrote:Congrats, and thanks for making such interesting and detailed videos.

Best,
J

Thanks, it is probably too detailed for 99% of the people out there :D
Dave
Site Admin

Postby pb4sc » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Nothing like finding the holy grail. I also enjoyed the video. I marvel at the ingenuity, of the guy(s) who thought the whole thing up. Cutting dice, who would have thought. #-o

Phil
pb4sc

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:53 pm

pb4sc wrote:Nothing like finding the holy grail. I also enjoyed the video. I marvel at the ingenuity, of the guy(s) who thought the whole thing up. Cutting dice, who would have thought. #-o

Phil

That is why I love gimmick machines so much. It shows the ingenuity that these folks would do just to get the change in your pocket.

I wouldn't call this the holy grail, it is not like a Fey Liberty Bell, although the auction had one of those as well and it went for less than I expected it to.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby firefox1 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:48 am

I have a Black Magic Dice Trade stimulator that I wish to trade. It needs some mechanical work. If someone who as a complete working model can easily have this one up and running. My machines look great. I can send photos if someone is interested in a trade.
Charlie
firefox1

Postby Dave » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:53 am

Charlie:

I am interested and will send you a PM.

Dave
Dave
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Machines Wanted