MILLS OR AUTOBELL

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

MILLS OR AUTOBELL

Postby mechanic » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:25 pm

I just picked up an original Autobell catalog and looked at the pictures of the parts inside. What I found was that Autobell showed Mills parts but with different part numbers. So does anyone know if there is a way to tell if the parts are different or are they just Mills parts with different part numbers? If so that would mean Mills and Autobell parts are one in the same. One difference I did find was a picture of a Mills Hi-Top in the catalog and the base has a spline similar to the Jennings base. So if you have one, the Hi-Top may actually be an Autobell.
mechanic

Re: MILLS OR AUTOBELL

Postby MONTI » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:32 am

Howdy Mechanic!
As near as I can tell Autobell was around from 1952 to 1958 but my information on them is limited!
I believe they had only four slot machines they produced;
TWENTY ONE revamp bell 1952
APACHE bell 1953
BINGO BELL 1954
and the
ARROW HEAD bell 1958
this is the information from the The Official Loose Change Blue Book of 1980-81 I have!
How big is the catalog in pages?
Could it be scanned and posted as I and probably others would be interested in adding it to my documentation files on vintage slot machines!
Ciao!
MONTI
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Postby mechanic » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:54 pm

Monti Nice to hear from you as always. I was going to PM you on this but decided it needs to get more people involved sharing the info. I'll see what I can do about posting the info on the forum but it may be a while as I have been ailing. The list of models helps ID'ing the models that Zeke made back then. A couple others were the Super Star 1955 and Thunderchief (open front). The catalog has approx. 20 pgs not numbered.
mechanic

Postby MONTI » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Sorry you are not feeling well my friend, but Hell, at our age everyday is a new experience, right? LOL
When you feel better if you have scanning capabilities I'd love to add that to my literature cuz heck Us old guys are nothing without our "Literature" right?
I try to scan everything I can so I can email it out in pdf format to my customers but I'll never get it all scanned!
I would guess that all the mechanical parts are the same as Mills but would love to see the parts list!
I do love the look of the ARROW HEAD model lower casting, a "copy" somewhat of the Jennings Sun Chief lower casting without the "coin silo" for the Front Jackpot!
Apparently nothing was sacred back then as "Revamping" went wild with no regard to proprietary rights!
GET WELL MY FRIEND!
Bona Fortuna!
MONTI

AUTO BELL ARROW HEAD.jpg
MONTI'S SLOT SHOP
BUY * SELL * TRADE * RESTORE
Over 50 years experience in slot restoration

Serving Northern California, Nevada & Beyond
MONTI

Return to Just Chatting