Coin Operated Collector's Association (COCA)

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Postby KaChing » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:41 am

Let me make sure I have this right:

COCA brings in $18,000 in dues but publishes no meeting minutes :shock:

COCA does not think a member looking for a part should be able to ask other members for it :roll:?

COCA has an issue with broadcasting email out to all other members. A member proposes a solution but that is not even mentioned at the meeting. Could it be that there were COCA members at the meeting that are not aware of this forum and COCA did not want them to become aware of it?

It is becoming pretty obvious that COCA thinks this group is invading "their" turff and wants nothing to do with it.

Unfortunately for them, it appears this is taking on a life of its own and I don't think they will be able to stop it.

Their antics and excuses make them look like idiots.

I was almost convinced to rejoin.
KaChing

Postby KaChing » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:47 am

Something just occured to me.

Why not run a half page ad in the COCA Times advertising this forum?

I just looked in my last issue and the rate is $110 for a half page ad.

Why not start a collection fund for this ad? I would be willing to contribute $10.

This forum has over 100 members, that is about a buck a piece to spread the word?

Anyone else willing to contribute?
KaChing

Postby Jackpot » Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:30 pm

Hi Guys,

You know here's my 2 cents on all this......... Ready? I think Coca is just great!, and I am proud that most of us are part of it, we have lost soo many good information magazines and groups through the years, now down to one fine, very fine I might add, group and magazine. Without it we have nothing but bits and pieces of information here and there. It's a super group of people pooling together to keep it all alive. Now we have Dave's forum, it's great, (Here's to you Dave!), This works, and we wouldn't be talking right now if it didn't. So, lets enjoy all these avenues for information. If COCA members, which I would guess are moving to this forum in as soon as they get win of it, want this, they will all be here soon. So it will all work out, if it can't work out right now, later we can get it together as one, I am sure it will happen as we grow. I have been in this sense 1969 when I bought my first slot, a "Mills 50 cent slot, Black Cherry". Guess what.. I still have that bugger!, but that's another story I will tell you about it, if someone wants to hear it. It's All great stuff and I love you all!
If your interested, My name is Rodger Knutson and my web site is at:
http://www.coinslots.com
and my email is: Jackpot7@ix.netcom.com
Dave, how is that Cast Iron boat anchor I picked up for you, doing?
P.S. Dave have any old Bally E-2 small Ram proms, # 5101L-1?, and I need a Caille marque back door if anyone has a dozen or so.
Thanks for reading my thoughts, and do I get any change back for my 2 cents?
Rodger
I Buy-sell-trade coin op's. I also have some later model slot parts. There are piles of manuals at:
http://coinslots.com/page21.html
Jackpot

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:24 pm

Rodger:

Great hearing from you. The boat anchor is doing just fine and so is the Rol-A-Tor Mint Vendor I had you pick up for me :lol:

I pretty much agree with everything you said. Just wish we would hear something from the COCA board. Not quite sure what is going on :dontknow:

Got to run.

:cya:
Dave
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Just Chatting