Did anyone see Antique Road Show when they were in Reno?

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Did anyone see Antique Road Show when they were in Reno?

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:50 pm

They visited Marshall Fey's place.

I don't know who they were interviewing or when the show was taped but the guy talking about the machines was clueless when it comes to prices.

He showed a Caille Roulette and said it was worth $50K.
A very nice restored Treasury was worth $4K
A Jennings Club Chief (Chinese Front) was worth $2K.

They briefly talked about reproduction machines. The guy was pretty much right on with what he said about those. He said reproduction machines were hard to spot (by the common public), they didn't sell for that much less than the real things, and people should only deal with reputable dealers and get a letter of authenticity.

Antique Road Show contacted me about 8 months ago (via email) asking for information about reproduction slots. I gave them information but never heard anything back. I sent a couple of follow up emails but they never bothered to reply.
Dave
Site Admin

Postby watlingboy » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:38 pm

Dave,

The guy interviewing Marshall was Brad Witherell. He lives in Northern California. Has been involved in slot machines, antique advertising, firearms, California gold rush and old west items. Has owned and sold uprights over the years and used to hold auctions every year or so.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Postby Marc Hess » Sun Apr 24, 2005 6:12 am

He showed a Caille Roulette and said it was worth $50K.
A very nice restored Treasury was worth $4K
A Jennings Club Chief (Chinese Front) was worth $2K.

Dave

I saw the show and was dissapointed with the coverage. I was hoping they would do a quick tour of the museum. As to the prices, I thought he was pretty right on as to the Jennings and Treasury. As to the Caille, after Vegas, well now we know. But, if my recollection serves me correctly, I think Morphy's sold one off the floor about 2 years ago for around $55,000.

Marc
Marc Hess

Postby watlingboy » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:42 am

Marc,

About 1 1/2 or 2 years ago at Rich Penn's auction in Las Vegas, he sold a Caille Roulettefor $96,000. That was the last one sold and most who follow the upright market knew about this one. There have been many offer to buy machines at $75,000 but no has let go of one for that. Now no one will.

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Return to Just Chatting