Advice please

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Advice please

Postby mrolucky » Tue May 10, 2005 6:09 pm

I'm restoring a black gold hightop, .25 version, and for one reason or another, the higher payouts, ie; 18 and 20, only deliver 17 and 19 respectively. In other words it pays one coin too little. Anyone have a simple solution for this, other than taking out all the slides.

thanks
mrolucky

Postby Nations Attic » Tue May 10, 2005 6:13 pm

Try taking the slides out and switching the top ones around. If they are not in the correct order, it will mess up the payouts.

Don

Nations Attic
Nations Attic

I'll try it

Postby mrolucky » Tue May 10, 2005 7:25 pm

thanks Don
mrolucky

Postby watlingboy » Tue May 10, 2005 8:06 pm

Mrolucky,

The problem is very easy to fix. Play the machine with silver coins and it will pay correctly. Very common with 25 cent machines. Pay off was not calcutated with non wearing copper clad coins. So use current coins and know the machine will payout short or use old silver coins and have it pay correctly. Please don't modify the slides to make them work with new quarters. And I don't think you can switch the two top slides because the top slide has the pin which trips the jackpot.

Cheers,

Watlingboy
watlingboy

Return to Just Chatting