Help Identifying Mills "Magic 7's" slot machine

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Help Identifying Mills "Magic 7's" slot machine

Postby SomeWhereInOregon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:30 pm

Several years ago a friend gave my wife a slot machine. It stopped working a few years back. I'd like to try and either fix it myself (of which I have no experience) or get it fixed. First is to identify it. It is a Mills what I think is a "Open Front" model. It's electric, 25 cents, single line, single coin. I'd like to try to find out the approximate age of it, and where I might find manuals on basic troubleshooting. Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated.
Attachments
20141015_215117.jpg
SomeWhereInOregon

Re: Help Identifying Mills "Magic 7's" slot machine

Postby kentdun » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:46 pm

I am not an expert on slot repair, but used to have a Mills open front. On my machine the mechanism was non electric. The only thing that was electric was the lights and bell. What does it do when you try to play it? This might as simple as a jammed mech.
kentdun

Postby marsonion » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:04 pm

SomeWhereInOregon wrote:Several years ago a friend gave my wife a slot machine. It stopped working a few years back. I'd like to try and either fix it myself (of which I have no experience) or get it fixed. First is to identify it. It is a Mills what I think is a "Open Front" model. It's electric, 25 cents, single line, single coin. I'd like to try to find out the approximate age of it, and where I might find manuals on basic troubleshooting. Any advice or words of wisdom are appreciated.

I can probably help you out. I'm a few miles west of Portland-- PM me to discuss.
marsonion

Postby TheFatman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Thinking this is a Mills M machine. It does have a electric coin acceptor and a coin acceptor unit.Jennings used this as well. Thats why you see wires going to the coin mec above. No escalator. Without more pics I cant be sure but as far as I see ... This is what it is, Yes an open front machine that is a Electromechnical Machine. Could be wrong but that is what I see. Bally used the same type of coin acceptor on their 1965 + machines that advances on each coin played. Migh be wrong ... bu I doubt it. I m sure if I am .. I will be corrected... Thats why I love this place ... and I look forward to the info.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby TheFatman » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Portland ME or OR ???
TheFatman

Postby SomeWhereInOregon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Dave, I didn't think it was an "M" since that model's coin acceptor was shaped like an M. This is not. Yes I think it is mechanical except for the lights and bell. No solenoid our circuit boards of any sort. Marsonion, I live in Eugene, but will be in Portland in a couple of weeks. I'll private message you. I'm hoping to surprise her and give it to her for Christmas.
SomeWhereInOregon

Postby marsonion » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:15 pm

SomeWhereInOregon wrote:Dave, I didn't think it was an "M" since that model's coin acceptor was shaped like an M. This is not. Yes I think it is mechanical except for the lights and bell. No solenoid our circuit boards of any sort. Marsonion, I live in Eugene, but will be in Portland in a couple of weeks. I'll private message you. I'm hoping to surprise her and give it to her for Christmas.

Great! Looking forward to meeting you and getting a look at your machine; I think we'll have it running in a jiffy. No charge-- no guarantees either! Bwahaha :D
marsonion

Postby TheFatman » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:25 am

A picture of the coin acceptor will be a help. Just didnt see a mechanical coin acceptor but did see wires.
Dave F
TheFatman

Postby SomeWhereInOregon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:48 pm

I want to give out a shout to one of your members Patrick (marsonion) who was able to get my slot machine back in good working order. I left it with him and he fixed all the problems, cleaned it up, and my wife could not be any happier to have her machine back! Patrick did all of this and refused to take anything for the many hours he spent on it. So kudos to you Patrick - I owe you one.

Terry P.
SomeWhereInOregon

Postby mechanic » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:11 pm

These machines were called Mills Compact Model. They were made to fit on cruise ships back in the day where room was tight.
mechanic

Next

Return to Just Chatting