Mills FOK mint dispenser

Have a generic question? Post it here.

If you have a question regarding a specific slot machine or trade stimulator please post it in either the Slot or Trade Stimulator area.

Mills FOK mint dispenser

Postby damikeguy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:44 pm

I am cleaning up a Mills FOK. The mint dispensers were disintegrated. These things look to of been made out of lead. :?: I had to fab up a couple of replacements. I would of been nice to have some original ones to replace them with but the aluminum replacements I made came out looking pretty good I think. I have a solid model if someone is in need?
Attachments
IMG_0824.JPG
IMG_0822.JPG
Mike
damikeguy

Re: Mills FOK mint dispenser

Postby thepennyarcade » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Wow, you have great skills fabricating these replacements
How much would you charge for a pair?
John
thepennyarcade

Postby sam2002 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:22 pm

Nice work
Last edited by sam2002 on Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sam2002

Postby damikeguy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:31 pm

I am not sure if they are all the same? I only have the one FOK to look at. The more i make the cheaper it gets. Anyone else looking for some and how many? When i have an idea on how many i can work up a price.
Mike
damikeguy

!!

Postby oldpinguy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 8:35 pm

Dude ! Outstanding craftsmanship !
oldpinguy

Postby damikeguy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:31 am

When i get back to the shop next week i will work up a price and get back with you. I considering making a 20 piece run to keep the price down. I'm just not sure if I can get rid of 20 of these and what machines these rollers will fit. Anybody out there know it these rollers are unique to the Mills FOK or are they like many of the other components that are interchangeable? Again i need to rely on all the experts out there.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby tsparts4u » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 am

Hi, You make a super nice part. I would be very interested in a pair of them, depending on the cost. :lol:
Best regards,
Jerry
tsparts4u

Postby RameGoom » Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:47 am

Very nice! Probably several parts you can CNC or 3D plastic model for inoperable machines, to bring them back from the dead. Now, if you could figure out a way to machine a copy of a casting from a block of aluminum...
Slowly building a knowledge base on E2000 series Bally machines and J400 Jennings. Started with the antique Mills and Jennings. Getting there...
RameGoom

Postby damikeguy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:27 pm

The technology is there. Do a 3-D scan, converted to a solid model and machine it from a solid. The cost would just be Way too much right now. In a couple more years it could be cost effective. You would just need an original to scan.The cost of the 3-D scanning just needs to come down. The spindle time for machine from solid is coming down every year with the new equipment and software out there. The 3D printing of metal is being done now and it's really not that expensive. The first parts I saw came in from Israel. Now there are Many 3D metal printers in the states. You can literally have a ship in a bottle made out of steel on a 3-D metal printer, And their damn accurate. The same with brackets and levers. Laser cut the template, put it on a CNC break and you're done. You can laser cut the slots and holes in the brackets before doing the CNC bending. The technology is that good.
Mike
damikeguy

Postby damikeguy » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:29 pm

$$$
Last edited by damikeguy on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
damikeguy

Next

Return to Just Chatting